PDA

View Full Version : Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Six_Shooter
09-27-2012, 06:35 PM
If I understand it properly, what you want is basically "myresult= Math.cos(math.atan(.5714))" That is to say, the arctan function will return an angle in radians, you then get the cos of that value.

I just tried adding that to the "example" script, and it works, sort of, it doesn't give me the correct result, but I believe it's a different result than I was getting before.

Six_Shooter
09-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Looks like I got it, thanks, I was adding the operation to the wrong line. I have now removed the non essential lines, and display only a cos to tan value converter.

It was really quite simple, but since it is in a language I don't understand is why it has taken me 4 hours to get it to work, when it should have been a less than 5 minute edit. :facepalm:

Now I need to figure out how to save it in the way that my prof wants. :facepalm:

Six_Shooter
09-29-2012, 09:10 PM
So, the way I understood the assignment was to create a "useful tool for us as students to use." To me, that means to be able to take any valid value of input and spit out the desired value in the units of conversion.

I guess this isn't "useful" to the prof, who just wanted who just wanted to be able to copy the code into scratchpad and run it seeing the input variable, and what the output is based on 4 choices. :facepalm:

So I edited it, to prompt the user to put in a specific value, and then on the next alert to show what the output should be, next to the calculated output.

I have no clue what the purpose of this exercise was, other than to waste 5 hours of my time this week.

EagleMark
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Cool day! Went to the engine builder here in town and got to watch a dyno run. 600 HP Big Block with a Holley Dominator. Eight Exhaust Gas Temp Sensors hooked up and two widebands.

Better then Disney World! :rockon:

JeepsAndGuns
10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Was outside working on my cherokee a bit yesterday and had the hood open. A 17-18 year old kid from a few houses down walks up and asks if he can borrow a 4 way lug wrench. He looks under the hood and asks "what kind of carburator is that!?"
:laugh: :laugh:

1project2many
10-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Wait... Wha???? A 17 - 18 year old kid who knows what a carb is??? I don't know if I'm buyin it. :laugh:

I'm moving up in the automotive world. The wife's '95 Blazer is getting rusty and she rarely uses it anymore so I found a Suburban to replace it today. The 'burb's only a 1/2 ton but it's still a helluva lot bigger than the S10 and it's much more appropriate for towing the car trailer (No sir! A cord of green oak doesn't weigh more than the Blazer can tow (4500#). Neither does another 4 door Blazer (4071# .) Not sure of what year but it's Vortec 350 equipped. The body's very nice for a New England rig and the trans was replaced not too long ago but the engine's shot. The intake leaked coolant into the oil and a rod bearing let go so I've finally got a use for that 4 bolt main, 6" rod 302 I built several years ago. So now I need to make some decisions... Leave the LT4 cam in or swap to the ZZ4. Stick with the stamped rockers or dig out a set of rollers from the parts pile and start playing valve cover games. Leave the Vortec long runner intake in place or run a loose converter and the short runner single plane intake? I guess the first thing to do is get the gear ratio for the truck and the rest will fall into line.

RobertISaar
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
i don't know..... i learned how a carb worked from my dad (since that's what he knows) long before i understood how EFI worked.

EagleMark
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Wait... Wha???? A 17 - 18 year old kid who knows what a carb is??? I don't know if I'm buyin it. :laugh:
Alabama is like here, many people refuse to buy anything with a carb because the goverment can kill it at any time... one of the wifes cousins got in a car with me that had OnStar, he freaked out that they were taking his picture... remember the Weavers? Still lots of folks like that live up in them thar hills... I know people who own enough guns and ammo to retire, but have a carb car and live in shack with wood heat and lots of rations...

I'm moving up in the automotive world. The wife's '95 Blazer is getting rusty and she rarely uses it anymore so I found a Suburban to replace it today. The 'burb's only a 1/2 ton but it's still a helluva lot bigger than the S10 and it's much more appropriate for towing the car trailer (No sir! A cord of green oak doesn't weigh more than the Blazer can tow (4500#). Neither does another 4 door Blazer (4071# .) Not sure of what year but it's Vortec 350 equipped. The body's very nice for a New England rig and the trans was replaced not too long ago but the engine's shot. The intake leaked coolant into the oil and a rod bearing let go so I've finally got a use for that 4 bolt main, 6" rod 302 I built several years ago. So now I need to make some decisions... Leave the LT4 cam in or swap to the ZZ4. Stick with the stamped rockers or dig out a set of rollers from the parts pile and start playing valve cover games. Leave the Vortec long runner intake in place or run a loose converter and the short runner single plane intake? I guess the first thing to do is get the gear ratio for the truck and the rest will fall into line.You can buy a rust free 2000ish suburban here for $2000. - $4000. that runs fine and looks fine...

1project2many
10-27-2012, 03:41 AM
I was looking at Denver CL last week figuring I could bus out, stay with a friend, and drive one home. My budget's really tight though and this one showed up at the right price, and near home so no need to take time off from work.

EagleMark
10-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Those are all issues... just offering... I haven't lived near a rusty car since I was 21 and can't imagine owning a vehicle that has been driven in salt...

You also have a freind in North Idaho with a place to stay! No salt...

CamaroDude
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
New cars are such a PITA! I've been doing pm's and tires for a large rental car company and some of the things the engineers thought up on these cars are insane.

Volvo VW and Fiat all use lug bolts, when the last one comes off the wheel will fall off the car unless you have hold of it.

Then theres oil filters, most of the manufactures put them in a pretty easy spot but the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox and Fiat 500(worse car ever, I accelerate faster when walking) there next to impossible to get to and drip oil all over the crossmember. Oh yeah and engine covers I guess they do it for aerodynamics, the Ford's will have a little cover that snaps in to get to the drain plug/filter but most of them you have to remove about 10 screws just to get to the drain plug/filter.

For the life of me I will never own a new car! I like older ones better anyways because to me depending on the car I see it as an investment. Anytime I fix anything it'll increase the value of it versus depreciating my wallet with no return lol

RobertISaar
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
depends on what you're dealing with....

i like the W platform for a lot of the more common maintenence tasks. example being the oil filter on the 60V6 engines is in a nice accessible place that you can remove by hand from either above or below. then again, the last Ws(only the impala left) are going to be the 2013 model year.

EagleMark
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I rented a new Dodge Charger once, front right tire was low on air as indicatede by the dashboard? Kept putting air in by no go, light still on? Till I realized the right rear tire was flat? They had rotated tires but not changed sensors...

CamaroDude85
10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Apparently I posted from a old account I had on here that I forgot I had? I dunno I've been up since 3:30am(gotta be at work at 5am) and am half asleep now lol

Yeah the Impala's are easy for the filter they even have a nice little spout to direct the oil away from other stuff.

All the TPMS stuff is new to me. I always thought you had to reprogram them when you rotate the tires but they don't have me do it. Only time I've had to use the TPMS tool is when a Chrysler, Nissan and some Mazda's is low on air and the tire light comes on. On some of the Chrysler's and Nissan's if you leave the ignition on the light will go out without the tool.

Speaking of Mazda's had one today that was making all kinds of racket out the top end the engine. Check the dipstick, it's dry, drain the oil and maybe 2 qts came out! No leaks anywhere and it only had around 15k on the odometer so I guess who ever changed it before me didn't fill it up.

JeepsAndGuns
10-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Had another demo day for the gators yesterday (saturday). Mainly to show off and let people drive the new RSX 850i. We had a total of 9 gatorss there. One XUV 550, a 855D, 825i, and the rest were RSX 850i's. Had some fun tearing it up on the track. But they had re did the track from last time I was there and cut down the jump, it was really hard to catch any air where they had them cut down.
New gator was fun. 63 HP paiggio V-twin motorcycle engine. They will throw you back in the seat and spin the rear tires on dry pavement.
Had a co-worker record a lap around the track, it did not turn out good. In person you could see everything real good and see the air, but on the video you couldnt see it. I did hit 46 MPH on the back straightaway. Top speed for these is 53 MPH.
I then took our deliver driver out for a couple laps, then we switched and he drove a couple. I decided to try and record it from the passenger seat. My first action video...lol All shot with my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NVIEsZY1Q&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSsdo9fXQag&feature=plcp

Six_Shooter
10-29-2012, 03:23 AM
I take it you didn't help anyone with their car this time around, eh? ;)

1project2many
10-29-2012, 04:14 AM
I haven't lived near a rusty car since I was 21 and can't imagine owning a vehicle that has been driven in salt...
I know. I miss MT. It sucks when a car rusts away before I cen get enough parts and money together to do what I want with it. When this Mercedes diesel rots out (if I'm in a position to get a replacement) I'm going to be looking at one from salt free territory.

Volvo VW and Fiat all use lug bolts, when the last one comes off the wheel will fall off the car unless you have hold of it.

Same thing with the Benz. I'm still not sure what the thinking is behind that. My '36 Plymouth uses bolts but by 41 or so they'd switched to studs so Americans figured it out long ago. If you want a real fun experience, try changing a wheel on a lug bolt car at night, in the rain, with only a small flashlight.

Six_Shooter
10-29-2012, 04:43 AM
My '81 Honda Prelude originally used lug bolts, but at some point someone had installed studs to use aftermarket wheels on it.

1project2many
10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
And on another note...

Grandfather passed away on Oct 16th. We went to the service yesterday. Now I just heard about another friend:
http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/victim-of-bull-attack-identified/article_f82a13de-6ca5-566d-bafa-3adcfd7b6342.html

jim_in_dorris
10-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. On the car side of things, if a Mercedes diesel doesn't rust away, they never die. Mine has (what I estimate to have sans odometer) +7000,000 miles, and I still drive it daily. I only hope that I can finish the wifes Blazer before winter, as it doesn't do snow well. Then I can sell it to the first person to come up with $500.

JeepsAndGuns
10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Went to bed last night in my 20's, woke up this moring in my 30's. Yep, I turned 30 years old today. Ugh..:mad1:
I know you older member will scoff or laugh, but I've never been this old before! :laugh:

1project2many
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, happy birthday.

30 seems big for sure. You get to look forward to more pain and less energy and time will pass faster and faster. Oh, sure you'll be fine for a few years but it will begin to show up. A pain here, a muscle that doesn't get better there. Then suddenly you wake up one day and wish you were 30. That's when you'll truly appreciate the significance of this day. :)

I think we should use dog years. I'd be eligible for retirement already.

EagleMark
10-29-2012, 07:44 PM
I remember 30! I was so depressed I was getting old... oh if I could only be 30 again...

Happy Birthday!

RobertISaar
10-29-2012, 09:40 PM
it's going to take me the better part of a decade to reach the same milestone.

JeepsAndGuns
10-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Ever cut a crankshaft in half? I did a couple weekends ago...lol
As some know, I am planning on a northstar dis conversion eventually. Trigger wheel seemed like the biggest hurdle. Well a couple weekends ago I was at the local pull a part to get some stuff, and while walking around I stumble across a engine laying next to a caddy, I look closer and its a northstar. Engine looked to have caught on fire as the intake is melted and a few other spots burnt, also looks high mileage. Looks like someone pulled it out to get the trans, and left the engine setting there. It was just too tempting, they only charge $27 for a engine crankshaft....lol
You can figure out the next part. Glad I come prepared. Rolled the engine over and have the crank out in a little over a hour. Brought it back home, buy a pack of meatal cutting sawsall blades and go at it with some cutting fluid. Now that took some time, went through about 4 blades, but got it cut in front of and behind the trigger wheel.
Now just some easy lathe work will get it ready to use. I will probably come out way cheaper than having one custom made from scratch.

Six_Shooter
10-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Nice!

CamaroDude85
10-31-2012, 04:21 AM
Happy late birthday. I've got about 2 1/2 years before I hit the big 30. I already feel old, tore my ACL on a bmx bike when I was 14 and my back got screwed working with idiots that couldn't listen on how to properly lift something when I used to deliver furniture.

Your right about that trigger wheel. I know online laser/waterjet cutters want around $150 for one. I've saved alot of money by doing stuff the hard way plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

JeepsAndGuns
10-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Yea that northstar is definately a different animal. Doesnt have main caps. You remove the oil pan, then remove like 100 litle bolts, then the main bolts, to remove a plate. The removed another 100 little bolts to removed the complete lower half of the block. The crank is kinda sandwitched between the upper and lower parts of the block. Those main bolts were tight! Even had one break off in the block when removing it, most of the others felt like they were about to.

EagleMark
11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Remember to change your clocks tonight.... and your president on Tuesday....

Six_Shooter
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Time change would have been this morning...

brianko
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
We should just stay on standard time!

EagleMark
11-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Drove in the snow for first time this year. Maybe the first snow my new to me 98 Silverado from AZ has ever seen.

CamaroDude85
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Remember to change your clocks tonight.... and your president on Tuesday....

I did both... Unfortunately I was more successful at one than the other.

JeepsAndGuns
11-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Drove in the snow for first time this year. Maybe the first snow my new to me 98 Silverado from AZ has ever seen.

SNOW! Heck no, you can just keep it up threre. I hate snow and cold weather...lol
Was sunny and in the lows 70's here today.

Spent all day working on my wrangler. Didnt get as much done on it as I was hoping, hit a few snags.
I am in the process of swapping on:
99 and up intake (equil length runners, better flowing, more power) Coated it with techline thermal barrier
new stainless exhaust header, factory one was rusting and cracking. Coated the new one in techline ceramic coating
new front exhaust pipe (loops around the front of the sump of the oilpan instead of going under it and hanging down)
New/used high output PS pump
hydroboost
4 wheel disc 1-1/8 bore master cylinder (stock was 1in disc/drum) I have had 4 wheel discs for years, as well as larger from calipers.
Should have a little more power when done, and some better brakes.

RobertISaar
11-11-2012, 03:28 AM
sounds like you got a bit more done than me..... i only had 2 hours or so to fix some of the deer damage that happened in 2008. fender is good enough for some body filler now to finish it, but door is going to take some significant planning, if not outright replacement.

JeepsAndGuns
11-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Thats the list of things I am doing to it, not what all I got done...lol

I first had a broken bolt I had to get out of the head. I tried several years ago and broke off a ez-out in the bolt. I gave up and put it back together, just been living with the slight exhaust leak ever since. Its a inline six, and the bolt is the one on the very back, closest to the firewall that holds the exhaust header on. I ended up drilling a smaller hole down the side of the ezout and then taking a dremel tool with a small carbide cutter and cutting out around it untill I could take a center punch and knock it loose. I then had to use the carbide cutter and finish off the bolt untill I could knock it loose and out of there in two peices. All while laying on top of the engine and sticking my head and arms down there to get to it. That took up a good bit of time.
Then I ended up having to pull the radiator to get the power steering line off the steering box. (I was hoping I wouldnt have to pull the rad)
I then coated the intake and header, and let them dry.
Then I had bought a PSC "field serviceable" hose kit, since their are no off the shelf hydroboost hoses for a YJ. Supposed to be able to install the ends yourself. Yea, that doesnt work. Absoultely no way in hell the ends will go onto the hoses (starting to think they sent the wrong size fittings). I spent probably a hour straight trying, no luck. Gave up and installed the header, intanke and new PS pump with its new later model mounting bracket.
Thats where I stand now. Still need to get a new belt (different lengths). install and bleed the MC. Figure out what to do about the PS hoses, reinstall the rad (cant do that till PS hoses are on). Then finally install the new front pipe.
Probably wont get done today. :mad1:

Six_Shooter
11-16-2012, 01:40 AM
People can't really be this stupid:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-second-law-thermodynamics-more-perfect-heat-transfer/Rgm7TvBr

RobertISaar
11-16-2012, 01:45 AM
yes...... yes, they can.

however, that specific issue.... i'm fairly certain is a troll petition, since if you truly believe we can repeal a law of thermodynamics, i'm fairly certain you can't use a computer well enough to create a petition.

JeepsAndGuns
11-16-2012, 02:34 AM
All of us where I work have been paying more atention to the petitions for states to secede. Texas seem serious, 109,000 signatures, wow.
Most southern (southeast USA) states have more than the required 25,000 signatures. But its all wishfull thinking by them, it will never happen. They will simply see the petitions and say pfft, and hit the delete button.

EagleMark
11-16-2012, 03:27 AM
Just like all the business that have been holding off till elections to decide what to do, when Obama was re-elected they knew there was going to be no recovery in economy so they laid off. Other business cut everyones hours to below what they would be responsible for Obamacare.

The petitions are a statement.

Actually Texas is the only one that could pull it off.

What is a shame is more then 50% of Americans are idiots... we have become an entitlement nation, people will choose free whatever from government because government has crushed opportunity. Social programs are the only opertunity, but we have no way to pay for them... the next 4 years is going to be ruff and things are going to get a lot worse before we see any hope.

Six_Shooter
11-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Did either of you click on the petitions link? ;)

EagleMark
11-16-2012, 04:08 AM
:laugh:

1project2many
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
This petition shouldn't be that big a deal. You can go right to yutoob and see that hydrogen power from water and perpetual motion are both real. More and more of the old laws of physics are turning out to be untrue so we should just repeal this one and save people the effort of proving again and again that we can get something for nothing. Has anyone from the current administration signed this one?

Does this car belong to anyone here??
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3380764393.html

JeepsAndGuns
11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
K.I.T.T. !!
HAHAHAHA, I loved watching that show when I was a kid. That and dukes of hazzard.

RobertISaar
11-16-2012, 11:55 PM
the 91 GP SE is nearing it's ability to be back on the road soon.... just in time for winter. :/

at least it will be ready for the spring.

JeepsAndGuns
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Finally got my YJ back going. All the items I listed a few post back are now installed.
Never could get the PSC feild servicable hose ends to work, had to have a local hyd supply shop crimp some ends on the hoses. Got it all hooked up, and bled the system using a old pulley in a power drill and a short belt.
Finished up the exhaust, it took the better part of the afternoon. I ended up buying a new muffler and tailpipe, the new front pipe wasnt matching up with my old muffler and pipe. Ordered a dynomax ultra flow, plus a dynomax mandrel bent tail pipe from summit. The front pipe is all SS and I welded in my bung for my WB (have not installed yet, just pluged it for now) Also wrapped the SS front pipe in the insulation wrap to keep it from cooking my oilpan, since it loops around the front of the sump. But I now have a completely new exhaust, from the cyl head all the way to the tail pipe tip. Everything in between is brand new.
Fired it off and it has a pretty mean and deep idle. Let it warm up to burp the cooling system and burn the new off the exhaust. Took it for a spin and its got quite a different sound to it. Nice and deep close to idle, pretty quiet from there up to around 2500 rpm, then it starts to SCREAM. Nice!
I will definately have to get used to the brakes. I just barely push them now and I go through the windshield. I love hydroboost brakes!!!

Only problem is my PS pump is whining. Guess thats what you get for buying a "barely used" performance pump. Supposed to be a AGR pump, but who knows.

Six_Shooter
11-18-2012, 04:44 AM
Well, I've started installing my wired network, I've only had the cable for like 2 years. :facepalm:

Started by installing a phone jack near the location I want the "node zero" as I've recently heard it referred to, the place where the modem and main router/switch will be. Eventually I will also be installing a server in that location, to hold all of the media for the house.

I've ran a pair of cables for my downstairs media center, haven't started terminating anything yet though, need to borrow that tool. :)

I have at minimum two more runs to make, one to the main level "family room", where my girlfriend spends most of her time, and one to the proposed new location where my computer desk will be. I may end up running one to it's current location, so that I can start using my SSD (64 bit OS installed, Wi-Fi card does not have a 64 bit driver :facepalm: ), and also so that media can actually be transfered over the network. Currently my PC is the main media storage device.

It will be so nice once I get the wired network in, so that I won't have to worry about internet connection if, or when, the microwave gets used. Even moving the modem and router to teh basement tonight, a mere 12 feet away at most, the microwave still interferes. It is located at a position that would be between the PC and router, but one floor up. Oh well, just more reason to install a network cable to the current location.

JeepsAndGuns
11-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I've only had the cable for like 2 years. :facepalm:

HAHAHA, I feel ya there. The 99 and up intake, and hydroboost I just installed on my YJ, I have had for probably somewhere between 5-7 years. So long I cant remember exactly...lol

EagleMark
11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
What's the issue with microwave? My whole house is networked but haven't used it in years since wireless routers...?

RobertISaar
11-18-2012, 08:41 PM
microwaves operate in the 2.4GHz range.

most wi-fi also operates in the 2.4GHz range.

when the microwave is making a whole bunch of energy, a bit "leaks" out and tends to interfere with wi-fi signals.....

i've had odd situations where my microwave has entirely killed my connection, other times it doesn't seem to effect it at all.

i've also noticed it tends to effect receive strength more than send strength.

EagleMark
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Ahhh! Can't say I've ever noticed an issue, but I think I'll have a bag of (microwavable) popcorn and see...

EagleMark
11-21-2012, 01:42 AM
FREE regulators!

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/pdn/globalfrl/

RobertISaar
11-21-2012, 07:04 AM
huh...... perhaps i'll pick one up for my airbrush?

1project2many
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
The wireless thing... I'm probably going to have to put my wireless router in the attic so I can get a signal out in the barn. We have an earth berm house and signals just don't do well getting in and out. Plus there's some additional interference inside the house because my wife's laptop in the living room is about 12 feet away from the router and there are times it has trouble picking up the signal. FM reception sucks inside the house, too. I even gave up satellite radio partly because the signal was weak everywhere except near one window behind the television. But the plus is that I only have to wear my foil lined hat when I go outside. :)

EagleMark
11-21-2012, 05:41 PM
That all makes sense except the laptop can't get a signal inside house from 12 feet? You sure the wireless router is not an issue?

EagleMark
11-21-2012, 05:43 PM
:rolleye:

1project2many
11-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah... I don't get it. Michael Jackson dies and everything related goes up in value. Whitney Houston's death is announced and you can see prices for stuff rising by the hour. Hostess is dying but my $20,000 Twinkie investment hasn't increased a penny. wth...

The router could be an issue. But the dvd player has a wireless connection and it's almost always good. I haven't tried troubleshooting much. I'm just going to move teh router and see if anything improves first.

EagleMark
11-22-2012, 03:13 AM
There's loads of Twinkies for sale on eBay, not bad about $7.50 a box... but there are some in thousands and one lot starting bid of $3,000,000.00

I did buy some Devil Dogs cheap though...

JeepsAndGuns
11-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Well the dodge caravan 2 speed cooling fan I found in the junkyard, and yall found me the wiring diagram for, is not gonna work! :mad1::mad1:

Couldnt get it in place because of the upper rad hose being in the way along with some of the pulleys, so I had to drain the cooling system and then pull the rad. I pulled it and it fits the core perfectly, like it was made for it. I make a couple mounting brackets and try to test fit it and the motor hits the nub on the water pump!:mad1: I fiddled around with it some but theres just not gonna be a way to make it fit.
Dang it.

1project2many
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I can't remember the original requirements but I'm cleaning out some stuff and might have a thin fan or two that would work.

JeepsAndGuns
11-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Went back to the junkyard today and thought I had found another one that would work. One out of a WJ (99 grand cherokee) it was large and thin (like 3in) I measured roughly 4.5in between my rad and water pump nose. The caravan fan was just a little under that, but didnt fit, so I guess anything 4in and under would work.
I bought the WJ fan and decided to get the warrenty. I'm glad I did, cause I walked out to my jeep and touched it to the battery and it would not work. So got my money back on that.

If you have a couple good ones (not cheap china stuff) my rad measures 25in wide, and 16in tall. 4in or thinner fan.

EagleMark
11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Wife texts husband on a cold winters morning:
"Windows frozen."
Husband texts back:
"Pour some lukewarm water over it."
Wife texts back 5 mins later:
"Computer completely f*cked now.

EagleMark
12-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Went Eagle watching today at Lake Coeur d'Alene. Every year the Eagles come to feast on Kokanee after they spawn. About 100 or so Eagles each year and can watch them all day from all sides of the lake.

But this is the first year in about 12 since there was no ice or snow on the boat launches... and I saw three guys fishing and remembered!!! Binaculars showed them reeelin in the Kokanee. So I opened the tonnou cover on the truck and got the fishing pole out and bucket and had my limit of 25 in a couple hours threw another 20 or so back!
:jfj:

JeepsAndGuns
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Been in VA this past week visiting family and drove my WJ. I actively concentrated on fuel efficent driving on the whole trip. On the drive up there I got 21.4 mpg, the best I have ever gotten in it! (before was 21) Then on the drive back (which for some reason you alway get better mileage) I got a honost and surprising 23 MPG!! Wow, I am quite proud of this jeep.
Now yall with those little lightweight front wheel drive cars, this is not the great of mileage. But this is a big, heavy SUV. My normal mpg is 19-20. So 23 is quite a surprise. It was even more surprising because I was fighting a head and side winds, plus a few spots of slow and stop/go traffic. I think if it had been calm with no winds, and no traffic, it would have done even better.

ony
12-30-2012, 10:25 PM
thats some good milage for that size vehicle!!

1project2many
12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Now yall with those little lightweight front wheel drive cars, this is not the great of mileage.
Don't bet on it. The '02 Malibu I bought for my wife has a 3100 and OD trans and is always around 22mpg. What a waste... Your Jeep, however, is quite impressive with that mileage.

RobertISaar
12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
..... something might be wrong with that 'bu....

i average ~30 with the 3100.... and that's in a W, not an N.

city only, i can see 22, but if that's significantly mixed or highway, something sounds very wrong.

JeepsAndGuns
12-31-2012, 04:03 AM
I just filled up my 79 Cherokee and measured the mileage for the first time.......9.2 MPG :laugh::laugh:

1project2many
12-31-2012, 06:54 AM
ity only, i can see 22, but if that's significantly mixed or highway, something sounds very wrong.

It's 22 mpg highway and it's been that way for a couple of years now. What's even more disappointing is that it's not too far off from the GM / EPA rated mileage of 26 mpg. Car has less than 60k miles, too. Idle sounds like hell but I've been in plenty of 3100 equipped cars that sound the same. There's hope though. I'm going to be driving it to work for a week or two and I've got the laptop in hand so there's a chance I can make some improvements.

I just filled up my 79 Cherokee and measured the mileage for the first time.......9.2 MPG
Out in MT one of the dealership's regular customers had a late '70s or early '80s Grand Wagoneer. He felt lucky if he achieved 9 mpg on the highway. I'll bet that thing is a petunia planter with today's fuel prices.

JeepsAndGuns
12-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Yea, I only drive it on the weekends, only around town, very rarely on the interstate (cause its screaming at 3100 rpm at 70). Oh yea, and the fact I drive it with a led foot doesn't help. But what can I say, its the first and only V8 vehicle I have owned and I love it. I don't drive it for mileage, I drive it for fun. I'm sure if I drove normally, or like I did my grand Cherokee, and kept it on normal highways at a steadt 55mph, I could get much much better mileage.

ony
12-31-2012, 07:19 PM
i had a 61 buick one time and that is about the same mileage it got it had a 401 in it, had a 58 buick that looked something like a 58 impala it got 18-21 mpg, dont know what size engine it had ,didnt really care i was 17 years old that oid car only had 60000 1owner miles on it,i trashed it after about 5 months of hotrodding it, 2 door hard top. wish i had it now.:mad1:

EagleMark
01-01-2013, 05:08 PM
1986 Chevy four door dually with cab over camper pulling 15k trailer from Idaho to Texas.... 1.5 MPG! :yikes:

ony
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
thats getting close to abrams tank mileage:laugh:

JeepsAndGuns
01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Thats getting close to GPM....gallons per mile :laugh:

EagleMark
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
IIRC it was up to 4.5 MPG on way home with no trailer... then it was sold!

ony
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
about a month ago a man come in the shop wanting his ac check 2004 chevy truck auto trans,poped the hood he had put a 12 valve cummings inplace of the 6.0. he had used an adapter and a different pcm for the trans he said he had not run it long but it looked promising ,better miliage an power at the speed he pulled his work trailer, he was getting 4-6 mpg while pulling his trailer with the 6.0

RobertISaar
01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
how is that even possible?

what size of fuel tank did that beast have to even make it between gas stations?

assuming you were traveling at 60MPH, that would be sucking fuel down at a rate of 40GPH....

the fuel pump(external electric, i think a Holley?) that was in the 83 el camino that my dad still has pushed something like 60GPH at a normal carb pressure... it only got single digit fuel economy in it's entire life with us.

EagleMark
01-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Dual tanks and many stops! It was horrible! Ran good, never figured out why it was so horrible milage wise before I sold it. If I'd have known I would have EFI before trip!

one92rs
01-05-2013, 05:46 AM
still miss this one. 2002 chevy silverado 1500-5.3-self tuned with hp tuners-longtubes-custom exhaust and xpipe-edelbrock muffler-random tech cats-4.10 gear with superior axles-shoehorned in BUILT 4l80e with vig 3000 stall-electric fans-slight headwork by me-comp 918 springs-custom pushrods(comp)-226-228-581-588-114+4 comp cam-lq9 injectors-shaner ported throttle body-msd coils-10.0 thundervolt wires-walbro 255-custom cold air intake by me-corvette maf-NX nitrous set up---bottle heater, bottle opener,custom stainless braid lines,low pressure switch, fuel pressure safety switch, pro solenoids, shark nozzle, nitrous pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge, low oil pressure switch. 175 shot. strapped to a dyno at 11:00am and pulled off at 6:00pm. running 28* timing on and off nitrous. not sure how many drill bits and jets we went thru. 12.78@108. 5162 pound ect cab truck. 18 mpg highway and passed inspection

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/02denali/MVC-383S.jpg

with above mods and hot summer asphalt in San Antonio with 20" wheels and 10" wide tires. dead stop just flooring it with no nitrous.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/02denali/media/02denali-burnout3.mp4.html

EagleMark
01-05-2013, 06:15 AM
12.78@108. 5162 pound ect cab truck. 18 mpg highway and passed inspection There's the real success!

dave w
01-12-2013, 07:01 AM
A trip to emission testing was need for my 93 K1500 today. The pic below is the test results, passed!:jfj: This time Washington State changed the test process. The testing is done without the chassis dyno. I had to plug something into the cigarette lighter socket, RPM readings. The first test had the engine up to about 2400 RPM's for about 30 seconds. The next test was idle, which had to be less than 1100 RPM's. I came close to failing at 1040 RPM's.

What I have under the hood modifications:
Shorty headers feeding a 3" single exhaust / 3" catalytic converter.
Single wire O2 sensor.
Factory TPI Roller Camshaft / 1.6 roller tip rocker arms.
Factory TBI heads.
Factory TBI Intake with the throttle bores machined to 54mm, and some radius blending at the bottom of the intake throttle bores. The allow the fuel air to smoothly transition into the intake runners at a high velocity.:thumbsup:
454 Throttle Body with Cop Car Injectors.
Custom Prom Chip my me.

The K1500 weighs 5400 lbs and goes 0 - 60 MPH is just under 7 seconds!:rockon:

dave w

RobertISaar
01-12-2013, 07:21 AM
i'm so glad we don't deal with emissions around here....

the 95 MC has 204K miles on it's factory cat, and it has had a significant misfire in it's past that almost certainly drowned the cat in raw fuel...
and now the 91 GP has a high flow cat that has a catalyst about the size of my fist.... i don't see it doing much.

EagleMark
01-12-2013, 07:30 AM
None here either! Although I guess I would pass except for one rear O2 sensor volts are swinging so I'm guessing one bad CAT... no codes.

JeepsAndGuns
01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Past few months I have been wanting a carry gun. I have had my permit for years and years, but have always just kept a pistol in the console or under the seat of my Jeep (just depends on which jeep) But I thought about it one day and it really does me no good when I am somwhere and my gun is a long way away in my Jeep. So I need to start actually carrying. The one I had been keeping in my Jeep was not suitable for concealed carry, it was fullsize and heavy (CZ-52).
So I thought about what I wanted and come up with a list. I wanted compact, I wanted .45 auto (because I have a fullsize .45 already, I have ammo, brass, bullets and reloading dies) I wanted stainless steel because I didnt want to worry about sweating on it in the summer and rusting it out, I wanted it to feel good in my hand, and (hopefully) not break the bank. So the hunt was on. I tried a couple local stores and didnt really find anything I liked. There was a gun show a hour drive away last weekend so I went to that to see what all was out there. I looked at a lot and finally found one that fit all my requirements. A Taurus Milleniuum Pro 145. Its stainless, compact, .45 auto, felt good in my hand, and what seemed like a reasonable price. Guy was selling them for $425. I decided to go to the restroom and google it on my phone. Good thing I did, the things retail for $369. I ask him is best price and he says $400 out the door (so he was price gouging) I just walked away.
I called around to a few places and wasnt having any luck finding anyone with one in stock. Finally I call a place yesterday and they had one left @ $369. So I drive a little over a hour to their store and pick it up. Came home, cleaned it and went to the range. All and all, I am really happy with it. Fits my hand good, shoots good, accuracy was pretty good for a barrel this short. And as with any short barel, it has one heck of a report. Even with my ear muffs on you could feel it...lol Picked up a holster for it on my way home from the range.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=40&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=CC1

RobertISaar
01-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Taurus makes good hand-cannons... my dad has had a Raging Bull for a long time.... that is a damn fine revolver. really expensive to use though.... .454 rounds are not cheap at all.

JeepsAndGuns
01-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Yea taurus seems to have a pretty good rep and most people I talked to that has them seems to like them. So that was one of the reasons I decided to get this one.

.454 is quite a round. A bit much for me. I do however love my hand cannon Desert Eagle .44 mag. I wouldnt trade that thing for the world. Its a older Mk. VII, back when they were still made in Israel and before they came out with the .50AE. Only downside is that because its a Mk. VII and not a Mk. XIX, I can not simply install a .50AE barrel on it unless I also install the Mk. XIX slide, basicly converting it over to a Mk. XIX. For the price of doing that, I would be better off buying a Mk. XIX with a .50AE barrel already on it. The Mk. XIX can change between .50 and .44 by simply swapping the barrel and mag.
I did see a brand new solid black Mk. XIX .50AE with a muzzle brake at that last gun show. I just had to drool over it for a bit. It was only $1800 :yikes: I love solid black model, I hate the shiney, or chrome, or gold ones. They just look stupid to me.
If I had $1800 to spend on a gun, I would be putting it twards a springfield M1A. I have been wanting one of those for years and years and years. They had a brand new national match, beautiful walnut stock, and SS barrel at the store I bought my taurus at. Oh man it was pretty. Only a cool $2500 :yikes::mad1: I think my dream of owning one is pretty much gone seeing how things are going lately, with price hiking and the threat of another ban.

Six_Shooter
01-14-2013, 03:10 AM
SO the GF and I go out early this afternoon to go look at some office chairs for me. As I walk out the door I look at my truck that is at the end of the (two car) driveway, and notice that the area where my rear slider is, looks pretty bright. So I walk to the back of my truck, sure enough, the slider is open.

When I actually open my truck, I see the brand new Mishimoto intercooler has been removed from the box, my glove box was open and rooted through, my console was rooted through, but nothing that I can find is missing. They tried to remove my deck it looks like, but were unsuccessful.

The part that REALLY pisses me off, is that I HEARD them, but since EVERY other time I have went to look at some noise I had heard it turned out to be nothing, I just shrugged it off. NEVER again will I shrug it off.

So now I'm going to replace the rear window with a solid window. I never open that slider anyways.

dave w
01-14-2013, 04:00 AM
I had a similar car prowling / break in problem with my old 82 GMC until I install a bed canopy over the bed, blocking access to the slider window.

dave w

EagleMark
01-14-2013, 04:05 AM
that sucks... I have a solid rear window and a locking fiberglass bed tonnou cover... good neighborhood and nosey neighbors so my big issue is away from home.

RobertISaar
01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
http://dx.com/p/diy-ssr-60da-solid-state-relay-module-white-silver-182250

possibly a cheaper option for you guys running SSRs for whatever reason...

i can't think of any reason why it can't be used for DC on the load side....

JeepsAndGuns
01-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Its rare enough to get snow down here, but we are getting it now. And not just any snow, but THUNDERSNOW. I did not even know such a thing was eve possiable untill I was walking from my Jeep to the house and heard it. I was like WTF, did I really just hear what I thought I heard? Thats when I googled it and found it was a rare event.
Gettin pretty bad down here right now, as we have no snow equipment for the roads. All they can do is put out sand. We got sent home from work at 1:00, and 20-25mph all the way home on the slush/ice mix.
I am now bored off my butt trying to figure out something to do in the house...lol

RobertISaar
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
yeah, we have rarely gotten that to happen around here.... i seem to remember it right as we transition from winter to spring though, not mid-winter.

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Its rare enough to get snow down here, but we are getting it now. And not just any snow, but THUNDERSNOW. I did not even know such a thing was eve possiable untill I was walking from my Jeep to the house and heard it. I was like WTF, did I really just hear what I thought I heard? Thats when I googled it and found it was a rare event.
Gettin pretty bad down here right now, as we have no snow equipment for the roads. All they can do is put out sand. We got sent home from work at 1:00, and 20-25mph all the way home on the slush/ice mix.
I am now bored off my butt trying to figure out something to do in the house...lolGo snow wheelin! :rockon:

I only remember thunder storm and snow once up here. It was kinda scary?

dave w
01-18-2013, 01:02 AM
I remember a snow day when I was in Jacksonville Florida. At least the most of the roads are on a level grade in J-Ville. I would hate to see what would happen in Jacksonville Florida on a snow day if the streets and roads were steep like where I live now. Image an 8% grade, curved residential street about 1/2 mile long with cars parked on both sides of the street and no traction:yikes: ... I call that an Auto Body repairman DREAM!:rolleye:

dave w

JeepsAndGuns
01-18-2013, 02:55 AM
About a hour after posting that, the storm was over, the sun came out and it all started melting. Total count was 3 inches on the hood of my Jeep. Supposed to be bright, sunny, and 50* tomorrow and the rest of the weekend...lol
Mother nature sure has a sense of humor. Last saturday it was 75*

EagleMark
01-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Best telemarketing phone call ever!

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

RobertISaar
01-19-2013, 06:31 AM
i miss listening to Bob&Tom every morning.....

JeepsAndGuns
01-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Hauled off some scrap metal in my 79 cherokee a couple weekends ago, just found the reciept and it weighs 4600 lbs! And thats with no rear seat (wich I swear feels like it could weigh 100lbs by itself :laugh:) and half a tank of gas.
Over 2.5 tons of american steel, iron, and rust. :rockon:

dave w
01-29-2013, 05:21 AM
My 1993 K1500 weighs in at about 5200 lbs.

dave w

one92rs
01-30-2013, 06:47 AM
guess my car is lite! a mere 3468 pounds. that is UNTIL I SIT IN IT!!!!! then she weighs in at 3778. man I need to go on a diet!

EagleMark
01-30-2013, 06:56 AM
guess my car is lite! a mere 3468 pounds. that is UNTIL I SIT IN IT!!!!! then she weighs in at 3778. man I need to go on a diet!Woo Hoo! Someone 10 pounds heavier then me can still fit in a Camaro!!!

My problem with little cars is three back surgeries. I don't bend well to get in...

RobertISaar
01-30-2013, 07:58 AM
with all of the rusting and "selective decontenting" that's gone on.... i'm probably a little under 3300 w/full fluids.

probably an even 3500 with just me.

JeepsAndGuns
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Yea mine was weighed with me in it, but I'm only a buck fifty.

Coming home from work yesterday driving my 99 WJ, I noticed it would pull to the right slightly when putting on the brakes, and steering felt funny going down the interstate. I got home and checked, drivers front wheel/brakes were throwing off mucho heat. Get a jack to confirm, got a sticky caliper. :mad1:
Been due for some new brakes on the front anyways. Pads were ok thickness wise, but rotors are worn and warped. Spent just shy of $300 last night. New (rebuilt) calipers, and some good pads and rotors.
Just when I thought I might get a few dollars ahead......ugh.

RobertISaar
01-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Mark, i have a bunch of 60V6 OBD2 BINs if you think they might be useful... making them tunercat CAL files is really just adding 1KB of "padding" to the front of the file from what i understand.

dave w
01-31-2013, 04:42 AM
65 Chevelle Safe for Work

dave w

http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwXm7VAWyHg

one92rs
01-31-2013, 06:00 AM
now that is sweet. love the factory look the best.

Six_Shooter
02-03-2013, 07:00 AM
So I finally got around to re-installing my Antec Kuhler 920 in my PC, with the new MoBo. I had used it with my old MoBo, which was an ASUS MoBo with an AMD dual core AM2+, and saw some good temperature improvments there, as compared to the stock air cooler.

My new MoBo is an ASUS X58 chipset MoBo, with an Intel i7 930 Quad core CPU. I recently downloaded a program called Handbrake that is used for modifying video files. Well it causes my i7 to go to 100% CPU usage on all cores, including the hyperthreading. CPU usage doesn't drop below 86% when this program is running. My temps with the air cooler were getting up to 176 degrees F or so on all cores.
After installing the Antec water cooler, my temps have now dropped to mid to low 140s, using the "custom" setting for fan and temperature control. If I switch it to the "extreme" setting, I can drop an additional 10+ degrees F, but it's quite noisy at that setting.

Aholt91ss
02-07-2013, 05:47 AM
my favorite nelson racing engine build is the 640 ci 1990 chevy ss sleeper truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozj28lsX46A

dave w
02-13-2013, 12:11 AM
I wanted to share with everyone a product, from my full time employer, that just released today.:jfj: I'm just one of the trees in the forest that got this product to market.

HP OfficeJet Pro X Printer ~ the fastest inkjet on the planet! Uses a page wide print array. Just over 900 parts.

http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/hp-officejet-pro-x576dw/4505-3181_7-35603919.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=linkedin&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cnet%2FNnTv+%28CNET+River+RSS %29

dave w

EagleMark
02-13-2013, 01:23 AM
That should make you feel good to be part of!

I'm not up on printers but read the review, only bad part was the printer... didn't have a stapler... ? Guess printers have more options then just printing and correlating nowadays.

JeepsAndGuns
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Did the site go down last night? I tried for about a hour last night (somewhere between 6-7pm CST) and could not get on, tried two computers.

EagleMark
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Was going down all day. Server had issues.

RobertISaar
02-19-2013, 01:26 AM
anyone interested in a "thermal efficiency and how to increase it" thread?

with fuel prices shooting up, we're going to need all the help we can get.

EagleMark
02-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Sure!

Or you could just recap and tell us what to do? :laugh:

SOmthing really wierd has been happening to me! I drove a week and can't find anything to tune in my truck? This was after running it from cold to warmed up each day with MAF, without MAF, with o2 sensors, without o2 sensors? Just runs good all the time! Just watch lambda gauge... O2 sensors help get stoich quicker when cold...

My wife wanted to know if my laptop was broke because I've been driving all week without it? :laugh:

RobertISaar
02-19-2013, 02:10 AM
i wish i had all the answers... be great to know what to do, rather than guess at it.

also, that's simultaneously a wonderful and haunting feeling isn't it? i've done it 2 times now with personal vehicles...

the second time around took significantly less time.

Six_Shooter
02-19-2013, 02:15 AM
I was at that point a couple years ago, didn't need to take the laptop, because it drove beautifully. I would just find some little thing to tweak, and do that every couple of months.

EagleMark
02-19-2013, 02:20 AM
I was bored a couple weeks ago and used a stock chip in the suburban with the AutoProm, went through my procedure, did my smothing, re logged, called it quits and compared to the last one I did and it was almost spot on! 2 hours... So i think that one is concoured!

Did the same with the vortec PCM... lot harder, way more work and not near as good results...

Now when I'm bored I'll do the 0411 in the vortec truck from scratch and see how long it takes? The RoadRunner and wide band sure take all the work out of it though.

Seriously the last week driving without a laptop attached was weird? I haven't driven without a laptop in years...

sherlock9c1
02-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Well, I was about to upload what I thought was going to be a beautiful set of VE tables into my '95 LT1 so I could then focus on MAF tuning and then I toasted the PCM. I threw my spare in and kept going but I've been looking around at how to repair it because I hate throwing stuff away. It doesn't look too hard, but LT1 OBD1 PCMs are still pretty plentiful so until I toast another one I'll just keep it on the shelf; not worth buying an EEPROM burner until I have two, but I'm also going to build a benchtop programming harness to minimize this issue in the future. Mark, I did read your MCUMall review and that looks like a nice piece. Looks like I need a 32PLCC to 32DIP adapter (adp-005?) and I'll be good to go?

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update, and thereby put a new image on your EEPROM. May try to find one of those in one of my IT buddies' closets.

1project2many
02-19-2013, 03:00 AM
SOmthing really wierd has been happening to me! I drove a week and can't find anything to tune in my truck?
Now it's time to learn the code because you'll realize that you don't like the factory compromises, and maybe you want to try something from a newer car, or maybe you can dump unneeded routines, or maybe you'll realize that you just want to see if you can do it better.

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update
I saw the same thing. Pretty creative, actually. Too bad those cards never came with a 44 pin socket.

sherlock9c1
02-19-2013, 03:48 AM
Here's the link. http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/pcm-tuning-computer-diagnostics/5106-$8-00-lt1-chip-programmer.html

EagleMark
02-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Now it's time to learn the code because you'll realize that you don't like the factory compromises, and maybe you want to try something from a newer car, or maybe you can dump unneeded routines, or maybe you'll realize that you just want to see if you can do it better.
Man your not telling me something I already know! Just because of one good ASM I've added so many things to tweak the measly old 7747. It's XDF is so complete that when doing a compare to any bin file the only items that come up un defined are SOME error code checks, I have added others like EGR so you can change the test and pass after changing to dual exhaust. I learned so much from that.

Then I look at others and ? There's so much missing? On the good ones!

I really need to spend the time to learn this...

Wish I had some software money for IDA...

EagleMark
02-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Well, I was about to upload what I thought was going to be a beautiful set of VE tables into my '95 LT1 so I could then focus on MAF tuning and then I toasted the PCM. I threw my spare in and kept going but I've been looking around at how to repair it because I hate throwing stuff away. It doesn't look too hard, but LT1 OBD1 PCMs are still pretty plentiful so until I toast another one I'll just keep it on the shelf; not worth buying an EEPROM burner until I have two, but I'm also going to build a benchtop programming harness to minimize this issue in the future. Mark, I did read your MCUMall review and that looks like a nice piece. Looks like I need a 32PLCC to 32DIP adapter (adp-005?) and I'll be good to go?

I did poke around on the net and found a hack where you use an old Intel 10/100 NIC with the same size (32PLCC) socket for the BIOS chip and basically fool everything into believing that you're doing a BIOS update, and thereby put a new image on your EEPROM. May try to find one of those in one of my IT buddies' closets.The only reason I got the GQ-4x was to do 2732a chips, it's fool proof. The other capibilities I have not used it for... well I have done 27Fs512 too.

There's always a possibility of turning a PCM into a brick when flashing in a car, some worse then others. It has to do with other modules (and voltage of car battery, voltage of laptop battrey, chargers, alarms, virus protection, on star, etc...) on same ALDL line that your are flashing on. Like OBDII if you do calibration changes only then OK, but your taking a big chance if you do the entire OS, once the other modules loose mother ship contact they freak out and start sending out may day calls and mess up the flash. LT1 has other modules...

ony
02-19-2013, 04:36 AM
i have one of them gq-4x programmers i hooked it up been used 705 times, 251 sst27sf512s and the rest are 2732a. before i got the adaptor and zip i had to unhook the ecm wires to remove the chip just about wore them out. why do they have a knock retard on a 747 -awdr file then have the cts set to 140c where it wont retard?:popcorn:

EagleMark
02-19-2013, 04:39 AM
why do they have a knock retard on a 747 -awdr file then have the cts set to 140c where it wont retard?:popcorn:Maybe they knew that when they superceeded to BCZK ?

ony
02-19-2013, 06:00 AM
i have to many bin files in my head, its a awdn bin 6cylinder .

sherlock9c1
02-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Did http://www.ltxtech.com just get hacked or am I seeing things?

Aholt91ss
02-19-2013, 07:19 AM
wow haha thats messed up bunch of people to do that

Six_Shooter
02-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Ok, the animation is cool, but it's annoying when hackers do that.

Six_Shooter
02-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Yo dawg, we heard you liked Windows, so we installed Windows in your Windows...

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285760_10152585435685051_1839944983_n.jpg

So you can use Windows while you use Windows...

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426044_10152585468940051_669266650_n.jpg

All this, just so that I can use my copy of Desktop Dyno 2000. :geek:

EagleMark
03-07-2013, 07:05 AM
So my kid thinks his Toyota Rock Crawler, dual tranfer case and lower gears in one... needs bigger axles then to toyotas, although he has never broke one on 36 inch tires...

Now we are rebuilding the dana 70 rear, Dana 60 Front with 39 inch tires... :rolleye:

JeepsAndGuns
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm building a set of 1 tons for my cherokee, and I only plan on running 35's.
I love overkill :laugh:

Six_Shooter
03-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Uhh... yep...

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/6676_488137411242039_1113948235_n.jpg

sherlock9c1
03-20-2013, 04:21 AM
So how come when I do a search for "Whatever" to find this thread, I get this:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
Whatever

EagleMark
03-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Because vBulliten search sucks! Waiting on some cash inflow from site to buy aftermarket version.

I may just disable it and use a Google box. It works great. Try this in Google,

site:gearhead-efi.com (whatever you want here)

RobertISaar
03-20-2013, 04:45 AM
because this forum is an emo 90s teenager who's top 3 words are "whatever, black and soul"?

RobertISaar
03-20-2013, 04:46 AM
I may just disable it and use a Google box. It works great. Try this in Google, gearhead-efi.com; whatever

i find "site:gearhead-efi.com search term" to work great in google as well.

EagleMark
03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks! I fixed my post!

site:gearhead-efi.com (whatever you want here)

1project2many
03-22-2013, 11:22 PM
I've played with the search box. It doesn't search "Gearheads" subforum. Neither does "new posts" shortcut search button. Maybe a box isn't checked that should be??

EagleMark
03-23-2013, 12:18 AM
I could look through the Admin settings. But vBulliten search is known to suck... there are some newer versions I've been watching and did not see any search updates? I think they don't care as the aftermarket company search works well... maybe there's a relationship there?

EagleMark
03-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Anyone else getting Security certificate issues with Google?

gregs78cam
03-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Neither does "new posts" shortcut search button.

Works for me.

EagleMark
03-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Neither does "new posts" shortcut search button. Yeah, wait... that works great for me, it's my favorite button!
The one up top left?

RobertISaar
03-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Anyone else getting Security certificate issues with Google?

oddly enough, yes. something about a certificate revocation issue?

both new post methods work for me, notification emails are sometimes getting laggy(~24 hours late).

Six_Shooter
03-25-2013, 03:14 AM
Officially over 1% of a Petabyte of storage on my PC as of a few minutes ago.

That's over 10TB for people that don't know what a Petabyte is. lol

EagleMark
03-25-2013, 03:22 AM
What did you do? Collect the internet?

1project2many
03-25-2013, 03:29 AM
<g>
Takes a while to run automated backups, eh?

Six_Shooter
03-25-2013, 04:30 AM
LOL.

Most of it is movies and TV shows, about 6 TBs are just that.

The 3 TB HDD I just added is getting the content of one of the 2 TB HDDs transferred to it and then the 2 TB HDD will become my new TV shows HDD.

I'd need a lot more storage to collect the internet.

I'm pretty minor leauge, a friend of mine has over 25 TBs in machines (mostly full), with an additional 18 TBs of back up HDDs sitting on his shelf. lol

I only back up about 300 to 500 GBs of stuff, the stuff that would be impossible or near impossible to replace. I do this manually too.

jim_in_dorris
03-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Holy Cr*p, I have a measly 750 Gig drive that only has about 300 gig used. Then again, I stream everything, so I don't store it on my computer. Much cheaper. My son however would be very jealous, he has 2 TB full, with movies, tv shows and music as the biggest share of what he saves.

EagleMark
03-25-2013, 06:27 AM
I'd say no wireless backup hard drive! Mine took 2 days to do 27GB... continues is fast, I should have used the Ethernet cable straight to laptop for first backup.

EagleMark
03-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Just checked and this website is about 900 GB band width this month is 6GB.

Six_Shooter
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah it took somewhere around 5 hours to transfer just shy of 1.8 TB worth from one data from one drive to another internally. Would have been days doing it through USB or WiFi. lol

I have 529 GB of TV shows alone. Most of my movies and TV shows are 720p or 1080p, so they require more space to store than a typical DVD rip. My Movies average around 9 or 10 GB each. I've used some programs to reduce their sizes, but I don't like compressing them too far, otherwise visual quality suffers. When I rip straight from a BD, the raw file sizes are around 35 to 40 GB, for each movie. That's a bit excessive. lol

RobertISaar
03-26-2013, 05:21 AM
i take it you have good intertubez speed in that part of canada?

i distinctly remember the days of 56K modems that couldn't hold a connection for more than an hour at a time, and now that i'm at 1.5Mbps, i still feel like i just fell off my dinosaur.

Six_Shooter
03-26-2013, 06:30 AM
That's the paradigm of the problem.

I have a solid connection, only had issues a few times over the last few years, and that was likely due to an older modem I was using.

I only have about a 600 Kb speed for downloads, but it's unlimited.

We had considered going to a faster plan (upto 150 Mb/sec), from a different company for less money, but it has a usage cap of 250 GB/month. Additional usage is ridiculously expensive, with a cap of an additional $100/month.

So we checked into past usage and some months the usage has been upwards of 400 GBs, and regularly over 200 GBs per month. We decided to stick with the slower speed and unlimited usage.

I know last month I was over 400 GBs.

RobertISaar
03-29-2013, 10:56 PM
i don't want to start a new thread for it yet, but the 3800 cal document? i'm up to $784 with everything up until that point being thrown into the XDF.

i'm kind of amazed at the things GM was implimenting back in 1988 in terms of torque estimation and limiting...

they also had an odd sense of humor. $975 - $977 reference "freak out fuel". :laugh: i happen to know how this works since a similar scheme was used on the 60V6 stuff, but that would certainly be something odd to see in the XDF.

EagleMark
03-30-2013, 03:52 AM
SO what's Freak out Fuel? Where algorithm screws up do this?

RobertISaar
03-30-2013, 04:10 AM
not quite....

in the 60V6 applications, when in PE mode for either an extended length of time at a higher MPH or with high coolant temps, AFRs richen up even further to cool everything down.

in the 3800 applications, it's essentially the same, except spark advance can also be modified. not sure if there is a coolant temp or MPH qualifier yet, but that's basically how it works.

1project2many
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
You know, GM got into trouble with that. Specifically, Cadillac division had to pay out some money for violation of air quality rules. I wonder who the "freak out" is referencing?

RobertISaar
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
really? i seem to remember a certain magazine article shortly after it came out referencing that the Northstar PE AFRs were in the ~12 range, then after ~10 seconds, it richened up to near 10 AFR?

been a while since i've seen it referenced though, so i could have those numbers quite off.

Six_Shooter
04-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Uhhh, really?

http://kitchener.en.craigslist.ca/wan/3627183152.html

RobertISaar
04-01-2013, 03:07 AM
from what i understand, it's a bit less restricted up there, but not THAT accepted. :laugh:

dave w
04-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Uhhh, really?

http://kitchener.en.craigslist.ca/wan/3627183152.html

Weed is Legal where I live, Washington State USA.

EagleMark
04-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Since Google is in Seattle it may explain how they missed Easter Sunday by having Cesar Chaves birthday today on their home page?

RobertISaar
04-02-2013, 02:59 AM
$934 out of $D7A... i may have this 88 3800 XDF finished by late tomorrow.

still amazed at the stuff they were implimenting back then.... even more amazed that for years people payed good money to be able to tune them and had no access to a lot of it.

woody80z28
04-03-2013, 04:42 AM
I pledge allegiance, to the Chevy, of the United States of America. Just watched last night's R U Faster Than a Redneck on the DVR. I love this show.

EagleMark
04-03-2013, 05:18 AM
I don't watch to much TV... just watched the trailer and to cool!

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/r-u-faster-than-a-redneck/

woody80z28
04-03-2013, 05:43 AM
It makes me want to road race the Camaro so bad...but right now it's in storage without an engine in it. haha

EagleMark
04-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Can't believe I got this message when sending a PM today?

You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

I think I'm going to write a stern letter to management...

RobertISaar
04-05-2013, 05:49 PM
so.... the more i write custom code on ECMs, the more i want to split up the functions and add another unit....

i.e.: one ECM for transmission control(which i'm already in the process of), yet now i want to split up the main ECM to have one unit for fueling, another for spark... it would open up SO many inputs and outputs... using a 7727/7730 for example, each unit has 15 general purpose outputs(6 of which are PWM), injector driver capable of 8 amps, IAC controller, VSS outputs, 14 digital inputs, 16 A/D channels and 3 inputs capable of frequency measurement(one of which is the reference pulse input).... with 3 modules, that's 45 general outputs, 42 digi inputs and 48 A/D channels.... SO much stuff that could be accomplished.

but then..... i would have 3 modules that would need a BUNCH of code, figure out an acceptable method for sharing certain inputs....

1project2many
04-05-2013, 09:53 PM
With fast enough communications you could use an external data collection box to interface with additional sensors. Getting communications up to speed might be an issue but you could look at the comms used between in car modules and see if it wouldn't be a good starting point.

But no matter how much you're doing with inputs you're still operating at 2 MHz. Outputs are serviced at relatively large intervals which are slow by today's standards.

Now slipping custom OBDI code into a very capable OBDII box, well, that could make the world a much better place.

EagleMark
04-05-2013, 10:22 PM
0411 PCM with mask ID $GHEFI, USB flash based chip, will run TBI, MPFI, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, distributor or DIS... etc...

:thumbsup:

dave w
04-05-2013, 10:46 PM
0411 PCM with mask ID $GHEFI, USB flash based chip, will run TBI, MPFI, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, distributor or DIS... etc...

I must know more about this $GHEFI!:thumbsup: It's news to me.

dave w

Six_Shooter
04-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Lol @ $GHEFI.

shouldn't it be #GHEFI? Lol

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I must know more about this $GHEFI!:thumbsup: It's news to me.

dave wJust giving Robert ideas... put his talent to good use!

RobertISaar
04-06-2013, 04:03 AM
With fast enough communications you could use an external data collection box to interface with additional sensors. Getting communications up to speed might be an issue but you could look at the comms used between in car modules and see if it wouldn't be a good starting point.

But no matter how much you're doing with inputs you're still operating at 2 MHz. Outputs are serviced at relatively large intervals which are slow by today's standards.

Now slipping custom OBDI code into a very capable OBDII box, well, that could make the world a much better place.

with most OBD1 PCMs, data links are pretty limited... most are ALDL only, unless you want to crack open the PCM and start connecting stuff via SCI.... or maybe SPI, either way, it's not going to be fun to do that. figuring out the SPI chatter routines in the P66 93-95 PCMs was confusing enough.

IIRC, 2.1MHz.... with the load spread out between 3 modules, that's still less processing power than some graphing calculators, but if something like the 93-95 P6 TBI PCMs can control the engine and a 4L60/80 with good results using only a single processor, i don't see why i can't divide the load even further to give awesome results.

too bad you need an 8-core brain to keep track of all of the 68332's registers and accumulators... i'm sure programming it in a higher level language would be cake compared to assembly.

Six_Shooter
04-06-2013, 05:04 AM
I don't see how having more and more inputs (and outputs) will improve engine control.

RobertISaar
04-06-2013, 05:31 AM
more measurable variables > more assumed/estimated variables.

a good example being barometric pressure.... especially with boosted applications, instead of having a single MAP sensor that is only allowed to update barometric readings when known to not be in boost(or in the case of stuff like 8F, only before cranking the engine), you can run a 1BAR MAP solely for baro updates while you have a 2/3 BAR for manifold pressure (or a MAF, if you don't like speed-density).

want to have the ECM calculate the compressor and intercooler efficiency and have desired boost get dialed back if temps get too high? need a couple of temperature and pressure sensors for that alone.

track things that normally wouldn't be connected to the ECM, like oil pressure, fuel pressure, transmission line pressure(instead of assuming the main PCS table is 100% perfect, you can use it to verify/calibrate it even more accurately), fuel level, maybe even go so far as tilt sensors to compensate shift points for driving angle, etc.... the sky is the limit with inputs and it's hard to have too much information.

outputs are also precious... they're always the first thing i run out of. intelligent control of everything is something i like.

while you can reasonably control an engine with nothing more than coolant and air temp, engine speed/position, TPS, manifold pressure(or MAF), injectors, spark output.... it just won't be the same as something that can measure and calculate anything that could effect how the engine will react to any given situation.

Montecarlodrag
04-06-2013, 06:36 AM
"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust"

-Prior

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 06:46 AM
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=4437&stc=1&d=1365219946

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Cheap Osiliscope?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-2465A-350MHz-Oscilloscope-Unknown-Working-Condition-/271183608042?pt=BI_Oscilloscopes&hash=item3f23cd78ea

RobertISaar
04-06-2013, 04:35 PM
4 channels, works up to 350MHz?

that could be quite the buy, assuming it's all still functional.

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Ouch! $107.47 shipping? Ahh.. I see why he chances stuff so cheap...

1project2many
04-09-2013, 12:29 AM
There's an edge connector available in the ecm that was used with the GM HUD and needed better comms than ALDL. I can probably dig out info on "lockers" which is the basis for the Dynamic EFI What's Up Display and uses that connector.

Too much info and too little time to service provides a false sense of security and complicates control. Additional outputs don't necessarily improve results. Early TBI ecm's such as Crossfire (pre C3) suck. Period. Driveability sucks. Tuning sucks. Fixing sucks. You need a complete package with supporting hardware.

Don't get me wrong... I am in complete agreement as to more = better. Why not use comparative wheel speed to indicate loss of traction and decrease boost? Why not use predictive algorithms to head off overboost? Fuel temp should be measured as not only does density change but combustion efficiency as well, which could allow reduced spark timing. There is plenty to play with.

Many programs for the 68000 processors are written in C. Its like another language, si? Rather than learn the high level language, the best way to get familiar with the architecture might be trying to port existing hc11 code.

1project2many
04-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Pyrolysis: The thermochemical decomposition of organic material at elevated temperatures without the participation of oxygen.

"Proof of concept" occurred successfully this weekend with methanol recovery tank left over from biodiesel production done back in '04 and '05. Looking forward to implementing reactor / collection facility.

RobertISaar
04-09-2013, 12:52 AM
considering the code to jump to subroutines on the HUD still existed in most code, i'd say it's a possibility. how to use to to communicate between multiple modules though, that's where i'm drawing a blank.

considering how much stuff i've been able to slip into the 80Hz routines without running into issues, i'm not so concerned about lack of processing time(especially since there will now be 3 times as much processing power)... i run out of outputs, RAM and program space before anything else.

the use of comparative wheel speed came up on 60V6 already... problem we ran into was that the 6811s don't have enough inputs that can measure pulse length with any good degree of accuracy at the speeds needed. so then the fix of frequency to voltage converters came up, that would only need 4 A/D channels at most and would allow pretty good results. then the final remaining problem was that there weren't enough free A/D channels to impliment it and still have the normal functions.... multiple modules solves that.

problem with the 68000 and higher level languages is the higher level languages... i can't wrap my head around them. pretty much my entire programming experience is in BASIC and 6800 assembly, little bit of arduino. beyond that, i seem to have a mental block with C, C#, C++, Java... pretty much anything i've touched has been beyond confusing. then again, the 6800 stuff was like that at one time too.

1project2many
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
In the Sunbird I used delta rpm to assign wheel spin. I just dumped boost if the engine increased speed too quickly and the vehicle moving bit was set. It worked but what I really wanted to make was a closed loop system that would pull boost and slowly add it back in. I never spent any time creating a real algorithm though.

I have no quick answer about communicating between modules. I'd have to look at the Lockers info to see what is available there. The 7727 in the Vette was constantly communicating with a Central Control Module which also worked with ABS, HVAC, BCM, Theft, etc. Riviera / Toronado was very chatty with plenty of data sent between modules. Both of those cars had bi-directional communications with on-board systems and with the right tricks you could command tests to run, look at scan data, clear codes, and more.

I'm not sure how to help with the programming. I always have a goal when learning... with assembly and GM computers it was as simple as making the check engine light blink on and off. "Hello, world." Turns out you have to know more than just how to modify existing code to make that happen.

RobertISaar
04-09-2013, 05:21 PM
my idea on controlling wheel spin and to an extent, torque in general, was D-VSS. accelerate too fast and spark gets dialed down until under a threshold, then it gets added back in until it either comes out of it or too much power gets sent through again.

all of those used the ALDL line and pretty much made the vehicle useless without it... i really don't want to go that route, since i want datalogging to be a fast, smooth process between multiple modules, just have to load the correct ADX and go on with business.

1project2many
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
d VSS is a great option with the advantage that you could use a lookup table vs current gear ratio. Downside is you can't run up against tire traction limit as easily. That's where the comparison comes into play.

With existing inputs you could rectify the a/c signal from a non-driven wheel to provide a speed dependent voltage. Clip at 5V to prevent damage to ecm, use resistor network if necessary to extend speed range before 5V limit is reached, and use existing rpm / VSS signal for comparison. Not true frequency based solution but a binary condition slip / no slip that's accurate could be a big improvement. Reducing timing works even on boost application. 2nd stage reduce boost if vehicle is so equipped.

How many variables do you think are necessary on the ALDL for effective tuning?

RobertISaar
04-09-2013, 07:07 PM
i was actually planning on a 2D table vs MPH per gear of allowable D-VSS before spark limiting came into play.... it was the best compromise i could come up with at the time.

that rectification method... i was considering something like it, but IIRC, it looked like it was going to be pretty non-linear at lower speeds?

necessary for tuning? well, i actually reorganized the datastream specifically for necessity... i have 30 bytes that i have listed as absolute necessity, 21 nice-but-not-really-required and 12 that can be swapped out for anything someone might be curious about(dwell, async PW, spare A/D channels...)

one92rs
04-10-2013, 03:28 AM
isn't that torque management?? on another note while taking cummins engine classes for a license I found out what an algorithm was finally. damn step by step. thought yall might find that funny. but to me its learning.

RobertISaar
04-10-2013, 05:31 AM
some say torque management.... i would call it traction management.

one92rs
04-10-2013, 05:35 AM
if I remember correctly when I had my 02 chevy truck just beginning the modding it could pull up to 28 to 30 degrees timing if needed. and it would pull timing on every shift of the transmission. hated it. but it kept them from tearing up trannies.

RobertISaar
04-10-2013, 05:49 AM
well, that's torque management... which i also have implimented, when necessary, but this is for when the engine/trans/final drive/torque converter make too much torque for the tires.

EagleMark
04-10-2013, 06:36 AM
but this is for when the engine/trans/final drive/torque converter make too much torque for the tires. :laugh:

RobertISaar
04-10-2013, 06:54 AM
with FWD, it doesn't take much.

with a light RWD(especially with some fast gears), still beneficial.

i want to see the AWD/4WD monster that needs it though.... i know some of the Sy/Ty guys have traction issues.

EagleMark
04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Found an old hard drive that I forgot what was on it? So I put it in my desktop as secondary... found 46GB of old LimeWire music collected... and proceeded to listen to Led Zeplin all day, every album they ever made.

I still have an unused LZ concert ticket somewhere from 1980? concert that was cancelled when john bonham died... memory is a little fuzzy from that era...

1project2many
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I still have an unused LZ concert ticket somewhere from 1980? concert that was cancelled when john bonham died... memory is a little fuzzy from that era...

That's kind of funny. I've got an unused ticket for AC/DC, roughly 85 vintage. Always trying to be prepared, I managed to get ahead of the curve at the pre-party and was unable to make it to the car for the ride to the show. So they tell me.

1project2many
04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
isn't that torque management??
No. Think about it. In order to produce a torque there has to be some resistance. Try putting 30 ft-lbs on a nut that's spinning freely on a bolt. You'll turn the torque wrench around and around until the nut hits some resistance. No, we're definitely talking about traction control.

on another note while taking cummins engine classes for a license I found out what an algorithm was finally. damn step by step.
I'm only laughing because that same type of thing has happened to me. Keep hearing a big name for something and when you learn what it is you think "That's it!!?"

i want to see the AWD/4WD monster that needs it though.... i know some of the Sy/Ty guys have traction issues.

There was a video of a Vauxhall floating around with four tires spinning. FWD cars have very little mechanical advantage to rely on. I have a few drawings for FWD traction aids that apply pressure to the lower control arms by trying to lift the body near the driver's seat. Lots of thinking though and I've decided the way to go for a front driver is to follow the H*nda route by keeping peak torque at a reasonable level but making the curve as flat as possible and extending it to as high an rpm as my wallet can afford. 250 ft/lbs is pretty mild but if it's delivered at 8000 rpm you're approaching 400 hp.

EagleMark
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
There was a video of a Vauxhall floating around with four tires spinning. FWD cars have very little mechanical advantage to rely on. I have a few drawings for FWD traction aids that apply pressure to the lower control arms by trying to lift the body near the driver's seat. Lots of thinking though and I've decided the way to go for a front driver is to follow the H*nda route by keeping peak torque at a reasonable level but making the curve as flat as possible and extending it to as high an rpm as my wallet can afford. 250 ft/lbs is pretty mild but if it's delivered at 8000 rpm you're approaching 400 hp.What do the FWD cars use a 1/4 mile? I've seen them launch great, can't be just the wheelie bar... wheelie bar? Traction bar?

1project2many
04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
The ones I've worked with used air bags in the rear suspension and soft, sticky drag tires. I drew up the bars about 8 years ago so maybe the tech has caught up with me by now.

one92rs
04-11-2013, 12:45 AM
isn't that torque management??
No. Think about it. In order to produce a torque there has to be some resistance. Try putting 30 ft-lbs on a nut that's spinning freely on a bolt. You'll turn the torque wrench around and around until the nut hits some resistance. No, we're definitely talking about traction control.

ok people may call it different things. torque management is the ecm's ability to pull spark ( or timing ) on newer vehicles to prevent tearing something up. others might call it traction control. from my own experience with that would be to use the brakes and timing. I know our avy will do both.

RobertISaar
04-11-2013, 12:56 AM
new? GM has been implimenting it since AT LEAST 1988... lots of methods along the way too.

speaking of, i should probably finish that little project up.

JeepsAndGuns
04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Its that time of year again. Everything has a thick coating of yellow...lol
At work yesterday a gust of wind came along and the air turned instantly into a dark yellow cloud.

But thats ok, I'll take this yellow dust and 85 degree days anytime over cold and rainy. :laugh:

dave w
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll take this yellow dust and 85 degree days anytime over cold and rainy. :laugh: Western Washington State, were I live, only has about 90 days a year when it's NOT cold and rainy. :yikes:

dave

1project2many
04-12-2013, 08:06 AM
I'll gladly concede that Dave gets more dark, cool days than we have (and offer my sympathy as well). But the average annual rainfall numbers for NH attest to the amount of rain we get when the skies do open up. (46.25" Concord, NH vs 40.5" Seattle, WA). Surprisingly, every time I've been to Seattle it's been sunny and warm.

Interesting pages for making comparisons:
http://www.usa.com/seattle-wa-weather.htm
http://www.usa.com/concord-nh-weather.htm

It made it to 60 a couple of days ago but it was snowing a bit today at 40 deg. and we've got the fire going right now. The earliest plants are poking out of the ground but winter's really trying to hold on this year. Sunday AM we'll probably wake up to a couple of inches of accumulated snow.

EagleMark
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm only one degree warmer then you and Daves heating bill is less...

http://www.usa.com/coeur-d-alene-id-weather.htm

EagleMark
04-12-2013, 08:40 AM
My laptop is dieing, overheating, wore out, cheap spare is on loan, bought a toughbook CF-74 to use before this happened and it as well as parts are stuck in storm... had to fire up the 12 year old desktop just to get internet... :rolleye:

JeepsAndGuns
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I personally love the weather down here. Thats why I live here and not up north...lol
I love warm weather and HATE cold weather.

Down here trees are blooming, flowers are starting to bloom. Even my roses are starting to grow. Won't be long till I have blooms on them.

EagleMark
04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
don't forget the insects...

one92rs
04-13-2013, 04:51 AM
I personally love the weather down here. Thats why I live here and not up north...lol
I love warm weather and HATE cold weather.

Down here trees are blooming, flowers are starting to bloom. Even my roses are starting to grow. Won't be long till I have blooms on them.

same as me here in south texas. and the ocean is 20 minutes away. cant beat it.

Six_Shooter
04-16-2013, 02:02 AM
So I get home and notice my computer is off, which is odd, but has happened before, when the power has gone out, look around, sure enough other devices are also in a lost power state. Boot up the computer, boot up my HTPC (same room), start watching a movie and notice that the internet isn't available. Odd, try a reboot, since that sometimes works, no dice.

Go into the room with the network hub (node zero), and see a bunch of flickering lights, other than the modem. Great. Unplugged it, plugged it back in to reset, no dice, just a slight flickering LED. So I think maybe the modem fried. Put my nose to it and it smells like it could have been. Open it up with no signs of anything damaged.

Then I think maybe it's the wall wart, sure enough it's putting out lower voltage than it should and fluctuating. I powered the modem from my adjustable bench power supply, and seems to power up fine, though it wasn't plugged into the phone line or the network.

So I decide I would go out and find another wall wart. TI tried Value Village first, since sometimes I fund stuff like this there. I find an old portable TV, that has a wall wart that says it's 12V and just a hair more current than the original wall wart I'm replacing. I get home, open up the wall wart, and there's NO voltage regulation, just a transformer, bridge rectifier diode array, and a large capacitor, nothing else. Plug it in and measure the output, 18V! *sigh*

So I look around and find that some of my other wall warts have the correct plug for the modem, but not the right voltage. But I do have a Linksys router that I'm not currently using that has the correct voltage. I end up finding that an old printer that I've held onto for parts has the correct plug for the Linksys wall wart. So I hacked together an adapter to use the Linksys wall wart with my D-link modem.

Now to diagnose the D-link wall wart, and repair it.

Just how I wanted to spend the last few hours :rolleyes: I should have been studying for exams and Electronics Lab test tomorrow.

EagleMark
04-16-2013, 04:17 AM

When I finally figured out what a Wall Wart was I almost spit coffee all over the keyboard... I thought it was some kind of Canadian electrical socket.

I found an endless supply of them for $1 each at the thrift store. Must be 500 on a rack.

Six_Shooter
04-16-2013, 04:31 AM
Yeah I tried the local thrift store (Value Village) and the one I found wasn't a good wall wart. They did have a bunch of routers there, none with wall warts. There was some other stuff I almost bought, just because, but I have literally no money until I get back to work after school is done.

sherlock9c1
04-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Anybody else drag home things the neighbors throw out? We have a woods behind our house and a few weeks ago while I was walking the dog, someone had put a chipper/shredder at the curb - hmm, definitely could use that! Looked like the starter rope had broken, but otherwise was in good shape. I walked it home and threw it in the shed. Tonight I spent the evening going through the entire thing. Disassembled the shredder wheel, sharpened all the blades and lubricated/unstuck the slingers. Cleaned out the carb, changed the oil, put a new spark plug and air filter on, used loctite on every bolt so I can get it apart in the future (I use loctite medium strength as a weld contaminant to keep bolts from rusting solid). Put it back together, fired right up, and now my wife is looking forward to chipping all of the dead sticks and vines in our backyard! I haven't even started on the 27" Noma snowblower another guy threw out that needs some carb work and axle bushings.

1project2many
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I'll bet there are plenty of people on this forum who are known for making thrown away parts into usable equipment. I certainly love a good find. But a chipper being thrown away? Are there any missing persons in your neighborhood? Maybe you don't want to be seen using that one... ;)

use loctite medium strength as a weld contaminant to keep bolts from rusting solid
People outside the rust belt have no idea why you'd need to prevent bolts from rusting solid. It may be strange to think about but there are places where you can buy a vehicle that's been sitting in a field for 20 years and proceed to remove parts by simply unbolting them with sockets and wrenches.

EagleMark
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
People outside the rust belt have no idea why you'd need to prevent bolts from rusting solid. It may be strange to think about but there are places where you can buy a vehicle that's been sitting in a field for 20 years and proceed to remove parts by simply unbolting them with sockets and wrenches.Which is a pre requisite of anywhere I will live! I grew up in NJ, at 20 I took a year to travel USA, was only gone 2 weeks and I knew I was never going back... lived in Ca but they were anti car, AZ was the life, ended up in N Idaho because of wife's family. N Idaho just started using salt on highways at low temps last year... AZ is going to come sooner for winters...

Garbage trucks here only do garbage, so no junk at curb like the old days. You have to take things to dump.... where I usually come home with more then I went with. This time of year I start making trips each day to drop off one thing and pick up one year old lawn mowers and? Nothing here runs after sitting all winter with E fuel in it, rich people just buy new. Last year I made $75 to $100 a day on lawn mowers..., change fuel, clean float, change oil, not bad for an hours work.

When it starts to snow I do the same with snow blowers...

JeepsAndGuns
04-17-2013, 02:49 AM
I've bought and had given to me, a few lawn mowers. I spend a little fixing them and then turn around and sell them. In fact I just got done fixing another one. Had a abandoned mower at work, engine had a thrown rod and deck needed a little welding and a new spindle housing. Found a new engine, welded and fixed the deck and got it all running and mowing good. Only down side is its missing the hood. Its a good mower, just missing the hood is gonna hurt resale value. But I only have a little over $100 invested in it.

dave w
04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
What to do ... ?

I recently purchased a Vortec 454 intake system on speculation to make a few $$, so I'm wondering what to do?

Sell as is?

Sell as a Plug & Play MPFI / 4L80E System using the 16197427 PCM? Best "BANG" for the $$?

Sell as a Plug & Play Sequential MPFI 4L80E System using a '0411 PCM? Best "COOL Factor SYSTEM"?

Sell as a Plug & Play MPFI System using the underhood 1227727 ECM? Best "Set Up" for a retrofit street rod / hot rod application?

I have all the "Suff" needed to do any of the above options.

I'm only going to sell the induction system / engine management system, not a complete engine.

I'd really appreciate some input!:thumbsup:

Thanks,
dave w

1project2many
04-21-2013, 10:32 PM
That intake is notable for torque production but power falls off anywhere from 3500 up to about 4k. IMO it's best as a replacement for a TBI truck, especially if combined with a better set of heads. Include a cal and various small parts to do the swap and it's going to sell.

dave w
04-21-2013, 11:08 PM
That intake is notable for torque production but power falls off anywhere from 3500 up to about 4k. IMO it's best as a replacement for a TBI truck, especially if combined with a better set of heads. Include a cal and various small parts to do the swap and it's going to sell.

I was thinking about the same thing. The second option (Plug & Play MPFI / 4L80E System using the 16197427 PCM) seems to be a good option for a heavy vehicle like an RV / full size 4x4 vehicle.

dave w

EagleMark
04-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Sounds like a good intake replacement option for vehicle with same PCM $0E...

SInce it's not good at high RPM it seems all the other options would be useless? Not many hotrod/transplants have stock engines...

dave w
04-22-2013, 01:38 AM
I've been down this road before...1227730 for the pics below. Seemed to work great for a Classic 2WD 1971 GMC upgrade.

dave w

Six_Shooter
04-25-2013, 06:38 AM
So last year I acquired a 2000 Yukon SLT. It needed a trans so I had the original rebuilt for cheap, and put it in last fall. It sat at my buddies place over the winter. Well he live next to an Indian reservation and around here if a vehicle is stolen 98% of the time it ends up on the reserve, no exaggeration. Well they tend to like full size Chevy and GMC trucks. Normally they don't shit in their own back yard, but over the last month 3 trailers and 2 trucks had been stolen from the area. Over the last couple weeks there have been a few occurrences that involved people snooping where they shouldn't and at times that are more than suspicious.

Anyway, so my friend texts me yesterday telling me this to let me know and if I wanted to do something about the Yukon. So I decide to bring it home and park it in the driveway. The plan all along has been to sell it. But after driving it it drives so nice, and the ONLY thing I don't like about it is that it is an SUV, and not an actual pick up. It has 4WD, cruise that works perfect, rebuilt trans, decent tires, leather, factory sub, etc, etc.

So now I'm in a dilemma, do I sell the Yukon or my 2005 V6 2WD Dakota?

I'm seriously leaning towards selling the Dakota. I will need to put a new front bumper and U-joints in the Dakota before selling it along with some interior work.

Used parts are hard to come by for the Dakota and are EASY to find for the Yukon, which is another reason I'm leaning towards keeping the Yukon.

I can also get tuning software for the Yukon that I can't for the Dakota, at least not guaranteed to work without spending a few grand on the software. :facepalm:

I still haven't decided which tuning software I want to grab for OBD2 tuning, HP Tuners or EFI Live. This would give me a reason to buy the stuff though and I can use it for my own vehicles then.

What would you do?

EagleMark
04-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Sell the Dodge to fund EFI Live... unless it had a Vortec then EFI Live is worthless until you do 0411 swap.

dave w
04-25-2013, 06:46 AM
So last year I acquired a 2000 Yukon SLT. It needed a trans so I had the original rebuilt for cheap, and put it in last fall. It sat at my buddies place over the winter. Well he live next to an Indian reservation and around here if a vehicle is stolen 98% of the time it ends up on the reserve, no exaggeration. Well they tend to like full size Chevy and GMC trucks. Normally they don't shit in their own back yard, but over the last month 3 trailers and 2 trucks had been stolen from the area. Over the last couple weeks there have been a few occurrences that involved people snooping where they shouldn't and at times that are more than suspicious.

Anyway, so my friend texts me yesterday telling me this to let me know and if I wanted to do something about the Yukon. So I decide to bring it home and park it in the driveway. The plan all along has been to sell it. But after driving it it drives so nice, and the ONLY thing I don't like about it is that it is an SUV, and not an actual pick up. It has 4WD, cruise that works perfect, rebuilt trans, decent tires, leather, factory sub, etc, etc.

So now I'm in a dilemma, do I sell the Yukon or my 2005 V6 2WD Dakota?

I'm seriously leaning towards selling the Dakota. I will need to put a new front bumper and U-joints in the Dakota before selling it along with some interior work.

Used parts are hard to come by for the Dakota and are EASY to find for the Yukon, which is another reason I'm leaning towards keeping the Yukon.

I can also get tuning software for the Yukon that I can't for the Dakota, at least not guaranteed to work without spending a few grand on the software. :facepalm:

I still haven't decided which tuning software I want to grab for OBD2 tuning, HP Tuners or EFI Live. This would give me a reason to buy the stuff though and I can use it for my own vehicles then.

What would you do?

Sell the Dakota, and buy EFI Live. I actually have EFI Live V2 system.

dave w

Six_Shooter
04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Sell the Dodge to fund EFI Live... unless it had a Vortec then EFI Live is worthless until you do 0411 swap.

Unfortunately it's an LS, a 5.3L. Does EFI live not have def files for the Vortec PCMs? How do you guys tune them?

The OBD2 software won't be just for my own use, but to be able to tune other people's vehicles, and don't, and possible won't have the option to swap these vehicles to a different PCM, at least not in every case.

Sell the Dakota, and buy EFI Live. I actually have EFI Live V2 system.

dave w

I'm leaning towards selling the Dakota. I'm going to have to look at the options for the systems again.

I hate the credit system these companies have going.

EagleMark
04-25-2013, 06:09 PM
EFI Live does 98-00 Vortec but is really lacking parameters...

TunerCat is the only one to cover 96-97 Vortec.

dave w
04-25-2013, 06:53 PM
I hate the credit system these companies have going.

I also hate the credit / license system used by the leading OBDII software / hardware companies. On the flip side, these companies are well known and if you are planning to "Tune for Hire" OBDII customers expect Tuners to be using the leading OBDII software / hardware. It's very likely other Tuners in your area are using the same software / hardware. In a business sense, it's the price of admission to get into the OBDII market. For me it was a basic business decision, either step up to OBDII or step away from the expanding OBDII tuning business. IMHO, OBDI is not as popular as it once was.

A simple business fact that is not that hard to believe ... more aftermarket parts are being sold for the LSx engine than the older SBC. Times are changing!

dave w

RobertISaar
04-25-2013, 06:58 PM
call me cheap, but when a widespread non license-per-vehicle OBD2 package exists again for GM OBD2, that's when i'll make the jump.

the 3100/3400/3800 powered cars/vans had an option for it once(DHP), but that disappeared a few years ago....

JeepsAndGuns
04-26-2013, 02:48 AM
call me cheap, but when a widespread non license-per-vehicle OBD2 package exists again for GM OBD2, that's when i'll make the jump.

I'm with you on this. I have never understood or liked the per vehicle licence thing. Highway robbery if you ask me.

Six_Shooter
04-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, last night I wrote a sketch for my Arduino, that is the basic foundation for a gauge project I want to make for my Datsun. About 24 hours after my school year ended where I struggled with C and C++.

Currently, I have two potentiometers feeding into the Arduino on analog read pins, and then printing the input to an LCD screen. 75 lines of code in a few hours. I changed teh way some of the math was being done, and can eliminate some of the lines, along with the debug function I added to use the serial monitor, since I don't really need it now.

I plan to replace the LCD screen with a couple stepper motors and place them in the original gauge housing, for a more original look, but giving me more accurate and quicker responding gauges, than the originals.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/r270/27121_10152782694485051_24796526_n.jpg

gregs78cam
04-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Very nice, I like that idea of gauges driven by microcontrollers. Sweet.

RobertISaar
04-28-2013, 05:44 PM
any reason you chose steppers over something like an air-core magnetic guage? i would think control would be a bit simpler since all it would need is a variable duty cycle rather than going through the stepping process.

EDIT: oh, and are you using 2D arrays for the coolant temp lookup, or just a simple linear conversion for now?

dave w
04-28-2013, 08:29 PM
I wonder?? Increase MPG? Chevy 5.3 liter.

http://salem.craigslist.org/pts/3630300854.html

dave w

RobertISaar
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
...... well, at least it's not a resistor in a box.

EagleMark
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Sure, force high octane spark to low octane table, run high octane... POOF! More MPG...

EagleMark
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, last night I wrote a sketch for my Arduino, that is the basic foundation for a gauge project I want to make for my Datsun. About 24 hours after my school year ended where I struggled with C and C++.

Currently, I have two potentiometers feeding into the Arduino on analog read pins, and then printing the input to an LCD screen. 75 lines of code in a few hours. I changed teh way some of the math was being done, and can eliminate some of the lines, along with the debug function I added to use the serial monitor, since I don't really need it now.

I plan to replace the LCD screen with a couple stepper motors and place them in the original gauge housing, for a more original look, but giving me more accurate and quicker responding gauges, than the originals.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/r270/27121_10152782694485051_24796526_n.jpgOK but now that your educated we need bench engine simulator!

RobertISaar
04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
OK but now that your educated we need bench engine simulator!

that's actually something i'm working on now... or at least i'm working on something to replace the 555 based simulators. resolution with them is just horrible, jumping from 450 to 4000 RPM with a tap of the finger is too much.

Six_Shooter
04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
any reason you chose steppers over something like an air-core magnetic guage? i would think control would be a bit simpler since all it would need is a variable duty cycle rather than going through the stepping process.

EDIT: oh, and are you using 2D arrays for the coolant temp lookup, or just a simple linear conversion for now?

For now just linear conversion, just to get the base code running. I'm actually using map functionality this time to do the conversion (http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/Map). I started with using a multiplier variable that converted the 10 bit input to the 0 to 100 and 0 to 255 ranges. using the map functionality removes a couple lines of code and is actually easier to read, if you understand how to set up the map functionality.

I need one of the two gauges to run "backwards", since the needle hangs from the top of the gauge. I have tried to get the air-core gauge motors from '80s/'90s GM clusters to run backwards without much success. The stepper motors can run in either direction, and the end points are easily adjustable. They will also fit the original gauge cluster housings easier, since the shaft is offset, where the air-core motors the shaft is right in the middle and would be more difficult to actually use.

I would also think that the stepper motors will be more efficient, power wise, since they only need power applied to them when they need to move, instead of applying power to keep it there, which is something I need to consider for another project, where every little bit of power is important to conserve.

OK but now that your educated we need bench engine simulator!

That's still beyond my ability right now. lol

JeepsAndGuns
04-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Anyone want a free wireless router? I just had to upgrade my modem because it was old and outdated, I was having connection issues. So while I was at it, I went ahead and bought a new router. My old one was working perfectly fine, so I figured I would offer it up for free if anyone wants it. Its a linksys model WRT54GS. I found the reciept in the original box, I bought it back in jan of 09.
If no one wants it I will probably just toss it.

Six_Shooter
04-29-2013, 03:21 AM
I'll take it, if shipping doesn't negate the "price".

JeepsAndGuns
04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Just PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail. Shipping wont be enough to worry about.

dave w
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Shipping rates to Canada can be surprising!:yikes:

RobertISaar
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
true... something that cost me ~2.30 to ship anywhere in the US cost ~5 to just over the border.

EagleMark
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Maybe Canadian postal service isn't going bankrupt?

Six_Shooter
04-30-2013, 02:37 AM
My girlfriend said I just went from geek to nerd.

I'm actually using Excel to create a voltage curve based on a known resistance curve, and using values for Vcc and pull up resistor.

I think this is the first time I've actually used Excel when it wasn't for school or something similar. lol

RobertISaar
04-30-2013, 02:54 AM
i did something somewhat similar when i was plotting out the normalization chart for the jeep coolant or air temp sensor for use with a GM ECM.... took a while, but it ended up pretty well.

EagleMark
05-01-2013, 03:45 AM
My wife is in the hospital again, nothing new with Crohns diesese, last week she had a stitch come out of her stoma? Obviously left over from last years surgery. Caused a rip in her intestine and sever bacterial infection, she is on a central line for feeding, drain for fistula/abscess, intravenous antibiotics.

Last years surgery was for bowl obstruction, when surgeon went in there was no obstruction! Only a Crohn's disease flare up, it was a rush job and she only had skin pulled over intestines, did not put her back together properly. Then wrapped up in a corset and she went down hill for 3 days in ICU before I noticed the corset blocked her stoma! After they cut a hole for it she started to get better... things could move out of here intestine.

Surgeon who caused the issue wants to send her home on antibiotics, infectious disease doctor says oral antibiotics will not work and she can not leave the hospital with central feed line?

What's this have to do with Obama care? Well under the new law she only has a week to be in hospital! Infectious disease doctor says it will take at least a month? Can not be home with central feed line or intravenous antibiotics it's against the law... they also need blood tests twice daily...

So under new Obama care my wife will die!

dave w
05-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Mark,
All I can say is my heart and prayers to out to you, your wife, and family. I'm not a healer, but I can pray for healing.

dave w

PS, This was in my work email recently.

Health Care Reform

As you know, Congress passed the health care reform officially called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This Act has significant implications for employers and employees since we will experience numerous changes to the U.S. health care system. Some changes have already impacted health care coverage. Effective September 2010, our group health care plan was modified to provide health coverage to an employee’s married or unmarried child up to age 26. Our group plan also eliminated any lifetime dollar limit on coverage and is no longer allowed to deny health coverage to children (under 19) based on preexisting medical conditions. In addition, our plan now covers specific preventive health care at 100 percent with in-network providers. Preventive care includes services such as screenings for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, certain cancers, well child visits and recommended immunizations.
In 2013, the federal government reduced the maximum amount an employee can set aside in a medical flexible spending account to $2,500. Also, your 2012 W-2 form included how much your health insurance coverage costs. This reporting is for informational purposes only; you were not taxed on the reported amount. In 2014, health insurance companies or group plans will not be able to deny coverage to anyone because of preexisting medical conditions. One of the most significant changes is that all taxpayers and their dependents will be required to have at least a minimum level of medical coverage as defined by the Act or will be required to pay a tax. In addition to employer sponsored plans, health insurance exchanges (federal and/or state) will begin operating in 2014. These exchanges will offer a variety of health insurance products that must provide at least a minimum level of coverage, which is spelled out in the health care reform law. We know you may have a number of questions and concerns about health care reform and how the legislation will impact your benefits. We have been closely following the health care reform legislation and the implications for employer-sponsored health care benefits. As a result, we are working with our benefit consultants and legal advisers as we consider our options and obtain a clear understanding of the responsibilities. However, the legislation continues to change as the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service issue clarifications on the legislation. In the months ahead, you will receive further updates as we refine our strategy.

EagleMark
05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Your in a rare group of people nowadays Dave where health care insurance is important for the company to be part of employee benefits. As you know so many people have been cut from fuel time to part time just to avoid the new health care laws. So not only do they still have no health care they also have no full time job. Some lost full time and health care...

EagleMark
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290892234041&item=290892234041&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466