Thread: LT1 $EE injector pw floor with Deka 80s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    I dropped the '126EF Min Transient Fuel Mass' down from 4.0mg to 3.0mg and the injector floor dropped from 1.24ms to 0.92ms, thanks @kur4o.

Looks like I need to completely rework the low MAP area of my VE table because it's too lean in the instances the pw drops to 0.92ms (bit of a shelf there from before I found the bpw floor). I'm gonna drop 126EF a little more to widen the tuning margin and leave the min pulsewidths set at 0.75ms.

On a related note, has anyone figured out if there's a gain table for transient fueling? I've played with 1240A in the past when the car was NA with a MAF, but I was under the impression that it's entirely ignored in SD mode. I also see the mystery parameter 126ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    I dropped the '126EF Min Transient Fuel Mass' down from 4.0mg to 3.0mg and the injector floor dropped from 1.24ms to 0.92ms, thanks @kur4o.

Looks like I need to completely rework the low MAP area of my VE table because it's too lean in the instances the pw drops to 0.92ms (bit of a shelf there from before I found the bpw floor). I'm gonna drop 126EF a little more to widen the tuning margin and leave the min pulsewidths set at 0.75ms.

On a related note, has anyone figured out if there's a gain table for transient fueling? I've played with 1240A in the past when the car was NA with a MAF, but I was under the impression that it's entirely ignored in SD mode. I also see the mystery parameter 126ED.
    Glad to hear you're making progress - interested in how it turns out.

Cant help on 126ED, but wanted to point out the SD pumpshot patch kur4o just added to the xdf in case you hadn't seen it. Thanks again kur4o!
    http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...ll=1#post89095

Jim
    1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 4.10s, Dynomax Catback, K&N Cold Air Kit, Other Little Stuff
    1996 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 3.73s, Stock

Electronic Ignition!
    I did a little experimenting with the pumpshot patch and copied some vette tables over, but I've been fighting another problem for a while.

I've had a bit of a lean tip out and rich tip in issue for a while, but it was relatively minor so I didn't bother chasing it. It existed before lowering the 'Min Transient Fuel Mass' and fixing the bpw floor issue, but has gotten much more pronounced since. There isn't much of a rich tip in this time with or without the pumpshot patch, just a pretty nasty lean tip out. I've played with the VE tables a bunch without much luck. I also tried increasing the fuel mass value back up a little, but the lean tip out was still there in addition to some low throttle areas seemingly becoming richer at steady state (above bpw floor) which seems odd.

Is there an order to what I should be adjusting first? Or should I be making corrections elsewhere, eg transient fuel tables.
    Last edited by Catmaigne; 09-01-2021 at 05:55 AM.