Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Code 43 Knock Sensor Circuit Failure Issues

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    Truck was by today, would connect with switch in Open or 10K. Also having 10K position had no affect on the increasing knock counts. Most of the counts were on start up and switching between R and D ranges. Also, when counts went up I never saw the knock retard actually pull any timing FWIW. I still think the issues with this truck are worn valve train and timing set, will know early next year when I do cam swap.

PS; I really need to log this thing and build a better VE, BLMs were 113. I guess better rich and pulling fuel than lean........
    thanks for the follow up. I’m taking a break from worrying about knock, KS, KR etc. I have min temp for KR set to max right now. (I was definitely getting Knock retard - at all the MAP/RPM values.)

ive been playing with my autoprom. I had a bad USB cable so that was an easy fix. Got it emulating and works pretty good although there is an occasional stutter where everything zeros out and RPM cuts out etc. seems like a known issue after researching - might be solved by making an ALDL adapter that only uses the three connections needed for the data stream. I still have a lot of work to do on fuel tables and related so focusing on those next.

after autoprom emulation fixed and fuel tables in good shape I’ll go back to messing with spark and knock. Still not convinced it’s not a wiring issue or something similar. Screwdriver tapping on valve cover or exh manifold seems to have no effect

EDIT: I too played with 10k or open on the ALDL - no effect on knock count
    Last edited by Daveo91; 10-09-2021 at 10:51 PM.