Quote Originally Posted by Daveo91 View Post
Regarding the sealant, I'm wondering if that could be the cause of my intermittent Code 43? Body of sensor not getting good ground to block at times? Regarding the scatterplot, I've never used Trimalyzer - is it free? I'm decent with Excel, possible to just plot data in Excel with TP output?
It's possible you aren't getting a good ground, sure. But as I believe I've said before in this very thread, the code isn't really important; the code doesn't mean anything about the signal from the sensor. It's looking for a voltage difference due to a resistor inside the knock sensor that isn't actually related to the function of the sensor itself. So if you're getting proper signal from the sensor, Code 43 is irrelevant. Again, on my '95 Corvette I just disabled the code rather than bothering to replace the sensors, because the sensors were still providing good output.

Trimalyzer is absolutely free. You just need to tell it how your CSV logs are formatted so it can plot the data for you. http://fbodytech.com/trimalyzer

It is absolutely possible to do a scatterplot with Excel as well (since that's all Trimalyzer is actually doing).