Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
Generally adding more sealant makes a knock sensor less sensitive, not more. Also usually when looking at knock I look at a scatterplot; it's what Trimalyzer does really well, for example.
Regarding the sealant, I'm wondering if that could be the cause of my intermittent Code 43? Body of sensor not getting good ground to block at times? Regarding the scatterplot, I've never used Trimalyzer - is it free? I'm decent with Excel, possible to just plot data in Excel with TP output?

Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
dave just curious but what datalog cable are you using?. i read an old post on thirdgen that may be something to consider.... https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...when-aldl.html

Basically it's saying to use 10K resistor to connect then turn it off once connected. i know mine was always on 10k...
I'm using the Moates ALDL cable, the one with the regular USB-A on the computer end. Same cable I was using with the '7060 and I didn't mess with the 10K resistor when I switched. I also have a Moates AutoPROM with a ethernet-type plug on the computer end. I haven't used the AutoProm at all since I switched to the '7427. I had a lot of challenges with it when I used it with the 7060 so I gave up. I think I'll try again, just to see if it helps and it may help with my tuning by allowing me to try things on the fly.