Hi all, I am putting together a TBI setup and doing some bench testing, but having issues with getting data logging connected in TunerPro. Other parts of the setup seem correct in terms of the ECM being powered and mostly functional: I can emulate on it successfully with Ostrich 2.0, I can fire spark and hear injectors pulse by turning the distributor, etc.

My setup: 7427 ECM marked as BJYL, Windows 10 (running as a virtual machine on my mac; more on this later), TunerPro V5, A217_0D_v250.adx file. I'm running a FT232RL USB chip with Tx and Rx soldered together and wired up to the serial data pin F9, and GND terminal wired to battery negative.

The issue: When attempting to connect data acquisition in tunerpro after selecting the adx, it remains stuck on "DA: Connecting...". I am able to see the USB device recognized in Windows and I've configured TunerPro for that Serial plug-in device. When I click the test button, it says "found and functional", but many times when I close and return to that window, the COM port will be in curly brackets {} and the test will fail. If I disconnect and reconnect the USB cord, VMWare asks me whether I want to use the device in Mac or Windows, I select windows, windows recognizes it, and then the TunerPro COM device will pass the test. The power LED is lit up solid and the Rx and Tx lights begin to flash on the FT232 chip after I click start data acquisition. This is actually the second FT232RL chip that I've tried. The first one apparently was not a genuine FTDI chip and so I purchased another and crossed my fingers, but they both have behaved the same. I updated the windows drivers to the newest FTDI driver and also tried going back to the older version I used to get the Moates Ostrich working. I've also edited the windows registry to alias the baud rate from 9600 to ~8192; I'm running out of ideas to try and resolve this.

At this point, I think it is the VMWare virtual windows that might be causing the issue, but I'm short of a windows laptop at the moment to test otherwise. Another option may be to try the ALDU1+CABL1 from Moates, but I'd like to hear if anyone has advice before I throw more money at this. Thanks again for your help.