Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fouls plugs, new injectors

Fuel Injected!

Fouls plugs, new injectors

Good evening all,
    I hope I have this in the right forum. Guys, I need your help. I've been trying to get my LS swap running for a while now and no success. It ran well on my engine stand, but after I put it in the car I couldn't get it to run steady or run at all, foot on throttle or not. After pulling my hair out for a while, I decided to think logically. First I checked injector firing order and found 1 & 7 swapped (don't ask how), then I checked all coils- all in correct sequence. Then checked all injectors, found 4 of 8 bad....Since i needed injectors, I decided to use 8.1L marine injectors. Installed them and within seconds the engine was flooded and plugs soaked. Replaced plugs, started, same thing. disconnect injectors and ran ok for 2 seconds, then no fuel. Do I need to change any scale or setting for these injectors? To what? Are they bad? I haven't even gotten the engine to idle yet, so I have no data to go by. Where do I go from here? Can someone set me in the right direction. I will attach my bin file in case it is needed. Sorry for the lengthy post, but it is as short as it can be and still give enough information.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Why not put in a set of stock, original injectors and go from there? Do you have the data sheet for your 8.1 injectors? The PCM and the BIN file has no way of knowing that you put in for injectors unless you tell it.

What mods for your engine?

What engine?

What OS number is embedded inside your attached BIN file above?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Why not put in a set of stock, original injectors and go from there? Do you have the data sheet for your 8.1 injectors? The PCM and the BIN file has no way of knowing that you put in for injectors unless you tell it.

What mods for your engine?

What engine?

What OS number is embedded inside your attached BIN file above?

Rick
    Hello Rick,
    The OS 12587603. It is an LQ9 with a cam, headers,etc.
    Some months ago you helped me switch me os to the one above.
    I am in the process of getting the stock injectors now and see what happens.
    How do you tell the ECM what injectors you have?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Fuel Injected!
    You have a 05 Silverado AWD LQ9 6.0L VIN in a 04 6.0L LQ4 OS but you said it is a swap vehicle so not sure what you have. What fuel rail and fuel system do you have? Does it have a vacuum referenced regulator on the rail with a return line going back to the tank or is it a dead head fuel rail with no return. And are you trying to run it with open exhaust (open headers)? I can fix your bin for the 8.1L injectors.

Fuel Injected!

Fouls injectors

Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    You have a 05 Silverado AWD LQ9 6.0L VIN in a 04 6.0L LQ4 OS but you said it is a swap vehicle so not sure what you have. What fuel rail and fuel system do you have? Does it have a vacuum referenced regulator on the rail with a return line going back to the tank or is it a dead head fuel rail with no return. And are you trying to run it with open exhaust (open headers)? I can fix your bin for the 8.1L injectors.
    Good morning,
    The engine is an LQ9 out of a 2005 Escalade (I pulled it myself) with a 12592618 OS. There was no adx file for it. That is when Iswapped the OS to 12587603 .I would appreciate if you could fix the bin file. I feel like I am spinning my wheels and not understanding what I thought I understood. I have a returnless fuel rail. I installed a 4L80E and at this time the headers are open. I plan on getting nitrous in the future. Also, what parameters need changing for things like this, I want to figure this out. I can compare bins after you fix mine. As before, thanks...
    Last edited by sachem; 08-07-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

The Parameter Tree view within Tuner Pro RT, when using a 7603 BIN and the 7603 XDF, has a "Fuel Injectors" expandable area with seven different injector parameter values that you need to insert. This is VERY EASY to see . . . . . . do you have a copy of Tuner Pro RT?

You need the data sheet for those numbers but it appears that 2xls1 is doing that for you.

Rick

Fuel Injected!

Fouls plugs

Hello,

The Parameter Tree view within Tuner Pro RT, when using a 7603 BIN and the 7603 XDF, has a "Fuel Injectors" expandable area with seven different injector parameter values that you need to insert. This is VERY EASY to see . . . . . . do you have a copy of Tuner Pro RT?

You need the data sheet for those numbers but it appears that 2xls1 is doing that for you.

Rick
    I do have Tuner pro RT, but no data sheet.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    Good morning,
    The engine is an LQ9 out of a 2005 Escalade (I pulled it myself) with a 12592618 OS. There was no adx file for it. That is when Iswapped the OS to 12587603 .I would appreciate if you could fix the bin file. I feel like I am spinning my wheels and not understanding what I thought I understood. I have a returnless fuel rail. I installed a 4L80E and at this time the headers are open. I plan on getting nitrous in the future. Also, what parameters need changing for things like this, I want to figure this out. I can compare bins after you fix mine. As before, thanks...
    First of all you absolutely can not run open exhaust with a closed loop fuel system and O2 sensors. Even with correct injector data it will flood the cylinders with fuel when it goes into closed loop. If you must run it with open exhaust unplug the O2 sensors so it will stay in open loop. I'll have the corrected bin a little later.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is your bin file with no other changes except the 8.1L injector data in it. The injector data came from a 2005 1T Silverado with a 8.1L.

Fuel Injected!
    Does he have 8.1 Truck or 8.1 Marine injectors? Huge difference and no vac or vac regulator?
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Does he have 8.1 Truck or 8.1 Marine injectors? Huge difference and no vac or vac regulator?
    Marine, no vac
    Last edited by sachem; 08-08-2021 at 01:58 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks 2xls1,
    I am downloading now and will run car tomorrow when I get home from work. The neighbors won't be too happy to hear open headers now. I am only running the headers open while i am completing all the work I have left on the car. I will disconnect the O2's as you said. I'll post results.
    Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

Rick
    Regarding the injector parameter values, other than using known good values, how do you know what base numbers to use by knowing injector specs?

Fuel Injected!
    Here is your bin file with 8.1L MARINE injector data in it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem View Post
    Regarding the injector parameter values, other than using known good values, how do you know what base numbers to use by knowing injector specs?
    If you don't have the data sheet that came with the injectors from their manufacturer, take the injector part number and go to the manufacturers web site and search for the data. Nobody does perfect guesswork on this sort of thing. Those seven variables have too much variability in themselves to be guessing. Seek out the data on the sheet to make your life easier because PCM programming is hard enough as it is without adding random guesswork into the mix.

Rick