Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fouls plugs, new injectors

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    Get an exhaust system on it first so you can plug in the O2s and it can go into closed loop. What I sent you was something to just get it running on it's own without throttle input. Those idle issues and hanging idle are easy fixes. Probably just take out some idle air flow. I didn't change any of the fan settings in your bin because I didn't know what your fan setup is (single or dual fans) or what kind of harness you are using. I saw you had already set it to auxiliary fans and had set turn on and off temps. I never use that setting. Even if it is a single fan I set it to 2 fans. The MAF table is calibrated for a stock GM 5 wire MAF. That and the VE table can be tweaked once the vehicle is road worthy and can be driven. There is just so much you can do with it on jackstands. It's troubling that it started in gear from a safety standpoint. You need to figure out some kind of park/neutral safety switch because it doesn't sound like you have one. Also if you haven't already, take the throttle body off and give it a through cleaning front and back side around the bore and blade. I like to see them spotless. It is a very often overlooked maintenance item and a dirty TB can cause idle issues on ETC systems. Also be aware that every tuner has different ways of doing things. I've developed my way after years of doing it on more vehicles than I can count. My methods may be different than what another tuner may suggest or what you see on youtube. Also not very many people use Tunerpro. Most tutorials you are going to find are going to be based on using HP Tuners for both tuning and scanning so tables and nomenclature will probably be different. I gave you a good starting point. Good luck with your project.
    2xls1, regarding prk/neut switch- i have one built into my shifter assy. That will be the next install item. I agree, a clean throttle body is important, so I will clean it once more. Regarding fans, i have one fan, but it looks as though i made need a dual speed fan. I am wired through the factory wire harness that was thinned of all unnecessary sensors. Do you suggest I purchase HP Tuners or continue to decipher hp tuner nomenclature? I value your input.

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    What you chose to tune and data log with is up to you. This forum is for those that are willing to put up with a little less user friendliness, not all vehicle OS supported but cost less to use tuning solution. I don't have much time behind the wheel of Tunerpro. I used it years ago when I was doing some OBD1 tuning, All my OBD2 tuning has been with HP Tuners and Tunercat. I can pretty much do the same things with Tunercat and HP Tuners on the editor side with Tunercar being a little more cumbersome to use with the trade off being it was cheaper to license vehicles. No scanner included with Tunercat but having HP Tuners I could scan with it and edit with Tunercat. Over time I've grown to use HP Tuners 95% of the time with using Tunercat on the vehicles I don't have model year licenses with HPT. A commercial product like HP Tuners has more support, more users/help scanner/editor designed to work together but the cost is higher. As a beginner it's going to be a steep learning curve no matter what you use. HP Tuners would probably take some of that difficulty out but it is still going to have to be learned. It doesn't come with instructions.