Thread: Need help with BIN and XDF

Carb and Points!

Question Need help with BIN and XDF

I started a project years ago, finally got to the point of tuning, bought everything i needed. got PCM Hammer to read my 411 pcm and saved the BIN , downloaded a XDF for a 2002 5.3, opened everything in Tuner pro. Made a couple changes and tried saving it and im getting a checksum error.
    What i currently have is a 2002 GMC Sierra PCM 12200411 operating system is 12212156, I rebuilt the 5.3 and put in a BTR stage 2 cam. I am running headers and wanting to delete VATS and remove the rear 02s
    Im running a 4l60e that has been beefed up a little .

When i opened tuner pro i never saw where to delete the VATS or turn off the rear o2 sensors

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Curtis

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

VATS is viewable in the Parameter Tree view, then Vehicle System, "Theft". Check the box for it to be disabled.

The DTC reporting for rear O2 sensors is in Engine Diagnostics, DTC Processing and then I kill it two times - once in C6001 and again in C6002.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    Ok so I tried a different XDF and made more progress. I downloaded a bin and a xdf for my operating system and when I go to save it after I have made changes it gives me checksum errors.
    I used pcm hammer to read and save my bin from my 5.3 pcm I’m not sure I still have a good xdf.

Fuel Injected!
    Is your XDF built to interpret the 2156 BIN? They must match.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    The XDF that I tried had the BIN number in the description. at the end of the description it said unlocked , I probably need to find a bone stock XDF file and see if that works better. I feel like I'm making more progress everyday. This is the last thing I need to figure out to get this running.