Thread: 2732 programming with TL866II+ programmer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Are the chips correctly orientated into the programmer?

Are the chips fully erased?

Are you able to successfully program any other type of chip?

I'm thinking the programmer would likely provide an error code when it fails to program a chip?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Are the chips correctly orientated into the programmer?

Are the chips fully erased?

Are you able to successfully program any other type of chip?

I'm thinking the programmer would likely provide an error code when it fails to program a chip?

dave w
    I'm not familiar with TL866II but to elaborate what dave w...this pic shows the EPROM orientation. Programmer has a legend on itself showing which direction the "half moon" on the EPROM suppose to be.

I've used Pocket Programmer 2 and an APU1 which the "half moon" faces the same direction but take notice of which pins are vacant in the pic below. My question to TL866II owners if this would apply to the TL866II as well???

Electronic Ignition!
    Attachment 17177Attachment 17178
    I can read and blank check without any problem. Programming doesn´t work and it does not give any fault code or any other hints than "programming failed". The orientation should therefore be correct?
    To rule out that the problem would be caused by the bin-file itself, I tried by simply reading the 2732 with the original fuel map and then write that on a blank eprom. This does not work either, hence I don't think the problem is in the file.

Fuel Injected!
    I can't see what it is you attached in the last post. I neglected to mention that the APU1 won't program the "UV erase" EPROMs well at least from my experience. The PPII didn't have a problem with the difference being APU1 is USB powered and PPII has an external power source. Sorta remember that 2732 needs 25v to program and 2732A needs 21v and pin voltage specifications has no bearing on programming. Boosting USB 5v to program something that requires 21-25v could be troublesome. Any reason not to delve into EEPROMs? Once you take the plunge, you'll never go back.

Electronic Ignition!
    This gave me an idea. I have Moates socket booster (http://www.moates.net/socket-booster....html?cPath=26). Can I just ditch the old 24 pin EPROMS and instead place a 28-pin EEPROM in the socket booster and then place the socket booster in the ECM? Is there something that I need to take into account when programming?
    Last edited by Muhve; 11-09-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Moates.net support link for the Socket Booster:

http://support.moates.net/socketbooster/

dave w

Installation and Use
    The Socket Booster has a single switch on it which controls how the device operates. The SocketBooster can either boost signals passing straight through it (28 pin setting) or act as a 24->28 pin converter (like the G2 we also sell) with the switch in the 24 pin position. Although we do NOT recommend this, you can solder a SocketBooster directly into a 24 pin ECM by trimming the two pins closest to the switch and setting the switch to the 24 pin setting.

Electronic Ignition!