Thread: 1227165 $32B TunerPro ADS/X file development

Electronic Ignition!

1227165 $32B TunerPro ADS/X file development

I hope this is the right place for this. I'm switching over to TunerPro from the TTS application that I've used to record data from my 86 SS Monte that has been converted to 1986 TPI, F-Car. I've read a bunch of stuff and I have a reasonably good understanding of how the recording of data works with TunerPro. But it's the ADS definition files that I need help with. I have found the def files that EagleMark has posted and I have downloaded and looked at those. It appears that certain ECM stream items are not included in the def file, like battery voltage, spark advance and others that I would like to include in my definition. I am aware of the TunerPro ADX editor and the add item option.... but where is the specific information from the data stream found so that these items can be added correctly? There was a suggestion to look at Moates for a disassembly of the data stream, but I don't believe it's there any longer.

Thanks for the direction.

Ok.......... How about this.... I use the $6e mask for my definition file, 1227165_6e.adx. I've looked at this and it has all of the data I'm looking to record. And I've read here that this is a better way to collect data over the 160.adx. So to do this do I need to burn my bin using the $6e mask before I try to datalog with the $6e adx definition mask? I've always had trouble connecting at 160 baud and I'm seeing that 8192 is a better alternative.

Thanks
    Last edited by Motors; 08-25-2021 at 05:48 PM. Reason: New Option??