Thread: Help understadning my CJ7 SBC datalog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    The howell system uses the tach lead off the distributor to signal the ECM to fire.

Update.. The injectors do not fire simultaneously. Using the timing light on number one, I could only see one cone, and the other a bit of a mist. I did a slo-mo video being back lit and could see a good cone out of both injectors. perhaps one injector is 180 deg apart. I fussed with the connectors, pulled out the lead of the connector and checked for fit, voltage, continuity... put it together and they both fired.

Ran awful one day, pulled the tack wire, and with key on, momentarily touched 12v to the wire, and both injectors fired.. Put the connectors back on, air cleaner etc. Went down the road just fine with all sorts of power. no misses, stumbling..

I have not found any reason why the stumbling occurred, nor why it is gone today. It may come back on a longer trip, which has happened in the past.

I have attached the log file from this trip, along with some spray cone back lit pics. The videos are nice, but at 55 to 100mB, I feel they are too big to post.

I am curious why my 02 sensor is bouncing up and down eratically. Is the ECM still learning? Is this normal? Seems to smooth out at WOT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files