Hi I should probably start by saying that this is my first EFI car and I have zero tuning experience ( with EFI I mean....) This setup was on my car already when I bought it. 383 sbc Holley Stealth ram , Holley rails and injectors, BBK tbody, ACCEL gen7dfi
I work on my own stuff, but have always been a carbs and points guy until this car.
Here's where the circus music should start up-
I don't have the ability to tune Accel gen 7. The Cal map cable that I have is damaged and is no longer recognized by the system. I knew that when I bought it . I didn't know at the time how hard it would be to find it replacement Accel gen 7 cable.
It hasn't been an issue it's been running4 a little over a year now that I've been driving the car i
as my daily driver. In the last month it has for whatever reason gone Rogue I'm prepared to replace the Accel gen 7 but before I do, I want to make sure it is 100% necessary. I was hoping to be able to run the symptoms by you and see if it sounds familiar? From a cold start it will run fine and I can drive about a mile and then at the same spot it will start surging violently and then cough and die. I pull over and park and wait 10 minutes the car will start ,run fine for about a mile and then do it again. I can smell it just dumping fuel but then it will starve itself lean 30 seconds later and then do it again you can also hear a ticking coming from the Gen 7 box when it starts screwing up . the other thing I noticed is that my air-fuel digital gauge keep resetting itself like I had shut the car off and on when the surgIng starts. Does this sound like a bad controller ?