Thread: Corvette CCM Reverse Engineering Anyone?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I haven't tried plugging in and asking it for a Mode 5 yet. I plan on doing that next. It started raining only a few minutes after I managed to get the battery in (which was why I was in such a hurry to do that).

But I flicked through all the dash controls to be sure--they all function correctly. Trip and Odo both read 0 (trip reading 0.0). It most certainly looks like the EEPROM has been blanked somehow.

As soon as I have an opportunity I will update with more information. I've never seen this before.

EDIT: Went back out to the car, turned the key, and the odometer was back. Confirmed with Flashhack that it's locked.

I wonder if this is a vulnerability? A code path that was not accounted for?

Basically the CCM lived with less than 5V going to its power pins for almost a month. Then I took that battery out, slapped a fresh one in, and the first thing I did was unlock the car with the keyfob, then turn on the parking lights to engage the digital dash. That's when it read 0. Had it not been starting to rain I would've run in and grabbed my laptop. But it appears that this first powerup might be going down the wrong code path for some reason.

It's all good now though--confirmed by reading it with Flashhack and by using my Tech 2 that everything's the same as it was before.
    Last edited by NomakeWan; 12-03-2022 at 07:02 AM.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)