Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
So a bit of background to start. My '95 Y body has been plagued with intermittent battery drain issues pretty much as long as I've owned it. It's progressively grown worse until finally I was able to identify the circuit reliably - CCM2 / fuse # 39 drawing ~120ma continuous. Normally it would be in the 5a range when the DAB is powered and then drop to < 10ma. Now it never drops below 100ma and will kill the battery in 2-4 days. Since I've recently expanded my collection of antique vehicles and plan to do away with my 505k mile daily driver, I need to be able to depend on this car as a backup. I just celebrated my 50th birthday, and the "gift" that comes with that milestone is that it's getting to be less fun getting in and out of this car. When I happen to forget to grab the keys, or turn said square key only to hear the starter solenoid clicking, well I've invented some new expletives for that situation.
Forgot to mention, but the FSM includes a full list of power draw values for reference. I'll post it below.

Unfortunately they don't post current draw readings for what happens when there's no key in the car but the PKE is being activated by a nearby transmitter.

It makes me wonder if your key-in-ignition system or your PKE are malfunctioning. Either one of those could cause the CCM to refuse to sleep, though as the diagram says, a key-in-ignition fault would allow the CCM to sleep after 30 minutes.

ccmcurrent.jpg