Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
There are numerous rules regarding when the CCM enters sleep state. Key left in ignition being one. But I've painfully discovered that once the CCM has seen the engine running (i.e. a drive cycle) it will remain awake until it sees the left / driver's side door pin switch indicate it's been opened and closed. No vss counts / distance traveled need be observed. Once the CCM has seen engine RPM (presumably via the PCM's 41 response message) the unit will stay away for hours, days, possibly weeks or months until the left / driver's side door is opened. This is generally not a problem on a semi-daily driver or any other car operated somewhat normally. But once the battery has been drained to about 11.8 volts there's another module not directly related to the CCM that will start cycling a relay off and on again until the battery is drained to about 7.5 volts, where said module ceases to function. In terms of 12v FLA batteries, this is well beyond the point of no return.
This is actually really good information. I recall a few threads over on the Corvette Forums of people experiencing this phenomenon (including the relay randomly cycling) but couldn't figure out what was going on. Now you've documented the likely culprit, which is excellent. I'll have to keep that in mind on my own vehicles; though at least so far I still enter and exit from the driver's door, so I haven't experienced that issue yet personally.

I wonder if that's something that could be patched out in firmware? Make it so it'll sleep regardless of the driver's door cycling after, say, the same amount of time as the Delayed Accessory Bus timeout?