Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
are you sure that's what's happening? it's not a case of an inappropriate ECM response, it isn't in a key-on state? can you tell that from the current communications somehow ?

i have not connected E5 (edited)to anything, should i?

i have, right now:

- security light between C6 and +12v (confirmed working earlier)
- ground to C11 (key in thing)
- +12v to F1 and F2
- +12v to E4
- ground to E15
- E12 to F5 resistor (no security light, so probably correct)
- ALDL to F12

there are alligator clips and twisty wires involved but i am confident everything is connected.

i plan to build a better idle traffic scanner in flashhack too, might be helpful.
E5 is the other Key-On +12V. +12V should go to it.

Yes, I could tell that from your logs; in all logs from my 94 and 95, the only time the CCM does not send the F0 poll is when the key is off. As soon as the key is inserted and turned to run, the F0 polls begin. So since your broadcast messages look totally normal save for the lack of F0 polls, that looks like a normal key-off state.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
the ECM (device 41) is sending a code (D03D) to the CCM which it is echoing (device 40)
the CCM also keeps sending : 08 87 02 00 which is echoed (although in a different order) in the device 41 reply from the ECM
the message the ECM sends to the CCM changes every time and the CCM merely echos it
The $10 broadcast message is for the C68 HVAC system, and contains data the CCM has gleaned from the $41 broadcast from the ECM. This is normal. Additionally there is no return message to a $10 broadcast; it is sent into the void and it's up to the HVAC Programmer to do something about it on its own. There is no handshake or anything like that involved.