Unsoldering and socketing the uveprom isn't on my bucket list at the moment. Only when the reman unit comes back to me will something like that even be on my radar. I'm certainly not removing the original unit from the car again until perhaps when the carpets and seat covers are replaced.

In the mean time my workaround will be to attempt a current sense circuit that will give me a green led indicating the CCM is in sleep mode. Hopefully I'll be able to do that with a fuse tap so no wiring will need to be modified. If that works I can always tap a momentary pushbutton into the left door ajar wire that can be triggered from the passenger seat.

This wasn't as much of a problem until my 'good' battery maintainer died. It would run a charge cycle when the battery got down around 12.1v. The cheapo HF maintainer that replaced it will let the car eat the battery.

By the way, when steveo is done you're still welcome to take a turn with the reman if you'd like to use it for your arduino PCM simulator project.