Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Inline 6 on a 0411 pcm

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I think the answer is even more simple. Put all 6 cylinders fuel injectors on Bank 1 and disable the codes for bank 2 sensors.

As for running a non computer auto trans. Flip the switch in the transmission tab to non computerized automatic and rewrite the entire file. Has worked on the numerous operating systems I have tried. Zero transmission related codes and you can even enable a single wire Park/Neutral switch.
    Is it really that simple? So if I put all 6 cylinders on bank 1 it won't need input from bank 2 O2 sensors? I like it!!

Ok so I found the switch you're referring to. If I set it to non computerized automatic, what do I need to change? Everything under transmission?

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I may have an issue with my computer. The "high speed cooling fan relay control" wire from the computer is not turning the fan on. It's wire # 33 in the green plug. It should ground the relay and turn the fan on at the set temp. When the engine gets to the set temp the relay clicks on and off repeatedly.
    I've tried three different relays with the same result.

If I put my voltmeter on the wire it shows no voltage from battery neg to the wire. With battery pos to the wire it shows full battery voltage. Which is what it should show.
    But when I hook the fan up it just clicks on and off repeatedly.

Do you think the circuit in the computer can be bad and give these symptoms?

Fuel Injected!
    Can you post the bin file you are using?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    Can you post the bin file you are using?

This is it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Looking at your bin with HP Tuners a couple things I see. First is you have the Fan 1 and Fan 2 turn on temps set to the same temperature. But that is not what is causing your problem. Lots of GM vehicles that didn't come with E-fans have the output pin that would control Fan 2 set to perform Auto Air Re-circulation. HP Tuners has the ability to switch that output to Fan 2 control. Here are some screen shots of your fan settings and how HP Tuners allow you to reassign that pin. See if whatever you are using to edit your bin has that ability. If not I can load your bin in a PCM and read it back out as a bin. HPT does not allow saving as a bin but I have other means of reading it back out as a bin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Looking at your bin with HP Tuners a couple things I see. First is you have the Fan 1 and Fan 2 turn on temps set to the same temperature. But that is not what is causing your problem. Lots of GM vehicles that didn't come with E-fans have the output pin that would control Fan 2 set to perform Auto Air Re-circulation. HP Tuners has the ability to switch that output to Fan 2 control. Here are some screen shots of your fan settings and how HP Tuners allow you to reassign that pin. See if whatever you are using to edit your bin has that ability. If not I can load your bin in a PCM and read it back out as a bin. HPT does not allow saving as a bin but I have other means of reading it back out as a bin.
    I think I found it.
    tunerpro.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like it. Tunercat has it as just an Auto Air Recirc enable/disable.

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like it. Tunercat has it as just an Auto Air Recirc enable/disable.
    That got it.
    And I thank you for your help.
    I have learned a LOT from ya'll on this site.