Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy have some questions about all this.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickky bobby View Post
    try right clicking and run as administrator on pcm hammer. also pcm hammer 19 is out. here is your bin corrected with checksum fixed.
    So is this different than the vat delete that 2xls posted?

Cause I uploaded his bin onto my ECU and have the same issue. So it’s still something else. I have a feeling it’s still killing fuel. I’ll try and upload a video of it from last night with the VATS bin from 2x

Electronic Ignition!
    https://youtu.be/-xareQSHh3w

Clip of the crank no start. If I just hold the starter even after it fires to keep it going it just dry cranks after the initial furring.

Fuel Injected!
    Here are some screen shots using both HP Tuners and Tunercat OBD2 of the three different bins in this thread. I'll let you decide what is correct. First your original bin you posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Here is my No VATS bin.

Fuel Injected!
    The other guys Now No VATS bin.

Fuel Injected!
    Did you flash mine? I used universal patcher 17.156 with kur4o's vtd patch. checked with efi live 8.3.7 notice the checksums are different.$2009 vs $200A edit: notice there is NO PWM to choose. it is only class 2 OR none.
    Last edited by rickky bobby; 10-02-2021 at 06:13 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickky bobby View Post
    Did you flash mine? I used universal patcher 17.156 with kur4o's vtd patch. checked with efi live 8.3.7 notice the checksums are different.$2009 vs $200A edit: notice there is NO PWM to choose. it is only class 2 OR none.
    I opened your bin with both HP Tuners and Tunercat OBD2. Both will open raw bins, HPT with an older version. Back in HPT V1.x it only opened and saved bins. The results are in the pics. There are 3 options with both commercial products. Serial, PWM, and None. There was no checksum error with his original file, or mine, or yours. If there was HP Tuners and Tunercat OBD2 would have detected it. No need to correct anything. Loading your file and his original file as a compare file in both HP Tuners and Tunercat OBD2, both compare results show 0 differences.
    Last edited by 2xls1; 10-02-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post
    https://youtu.be/-xareQSHh3w

Clip of the crank no start. If I just hold the starter even after it fires to keep it going it just dry cranks after the initial furring.
    Put a MAF sensor on it and I bet it starts. The PCM is not set up for speed density operation without a MAF. Really looking at what you have there you are in no way ready to try and start it.

Fuel Injected!
    any updates on project?

Sorry to hijack your thread, I hope you are still around, catfish Hunter. The only issue I am having is for fuel gauge calibration. I have a 99 Yukon Denali that I have swapped in a stroked 05 LQ9 out of a Escalade. Been running fine for a couple years, but I cannot seem to make the 99 fuel gauge register properly. The only gauge in my stock instrument cluster that runs off the network is the fuel gauge. I have changed the instrument cluster type, the PWM enable flag, and all of the different scalars for fuel system, never seem to get it right. Any ideas, all help is appreciated