Thread: Introduction

Carb and Points!

Introduction

Per the requirements to join, here is my introductory post.

I'm always interested to learn new things about tuning. I've been messing with EFI since rising rate fuel pressure regulators, resistors, zener diodes, and bleeds were the only thing to do. Then we messed with MAF and MAP sensors to trick them into doing what we wanted, often with dire results.

Being able to correct the calibration is SO much better! If we only knew then what we know now, a lot of engines would still be alive.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 09-24-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Administrator
    Welcome to the forum.

Weren't we proud of ourselves when we came up with the right combination of bleed and check valve? And if you paid attention the turbo Dodge guys really had a huge head start on those of us in GM land. Learning the lessons over and over that adding fuel does not make up for too much timing. It was so tough to watch the OBDII GM four cylinder kids heading down the same path for exactly the same reasons... no tuning support.

There are talented folks here although many of them don't say too much. Every now and again though a post sparks some interest and a good discussion ensues. Let's hope for the best.

Carb and Points!
    You nailed it. I'm a turbo dodge guy.

We had an 11 second Shelby Charger that ran on a stock 87 Daytona Shelby PCM.

We had all the tricks. Rising rate regulator, oversize injectors, lowered base fuel pressure, map clamp, and grainger valve.