Thread: Log Analyzer Quick Tuner -- Tuning Made Easy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Log Analyzer Quick Tuner -- Tuning Made Easy

Attached is an updated Log Analyzer Quick Tuner program. Any .csv, .xls or .xlsx log file that contains BLM and INT with 128 as the base value is analyzed in just a few seconds, providing data to quickly adjust a tune.

The previous version has been in use for several years to aid in Speed Density (SD) tuning but has been significantly revised. This version now supports Turbo and Mass Air Flow (MAF) tuning. It also supports BINs with left and right bank data such as MAF $EE and SD $DA0/2/3.

For SD, BLM data are reported relative to MAP kPa; and for MAF, BLM relative to Air Flow Rate, MAF Sensor Frequency or LV8 Load depending upon the information provided. A BLM Correction table provides adjustments required to achieve a BLM of 128.

Two demo logs are provided:
    MAF $6E DEMO (With WBo2)
    SD $8D DEMO (v7 With Turbo & WBo2)

To view how log information is analyzed:
    • Load the program (LOG ANALYZER v32). The analyzed MAF $6E log will be presented.
    • Review each Tab.

To view the SD $8D demo log:
    • Click the “Select Engine Type” Tab at the far left.
    • Select the “Click here to Select Engine Type” button.
    • A menu will be presented. Select “Speed Density”.
    • A Speed Density INPUT page will be presented. It contains the information needed to analyze a $8D v7 Turbo log. Nothing needs to be entered or changed, but it can be to alter how the log is analyzed (temperature ranges, Loop Status, etc.).
    • Press F9. A File Open Dialog will be presented.
    • Locate the $8D demo log file and select it. Once selected, it will be opened and analysis will begin.

To analyze any other log, repeat the procedure above for the SD $8D demo log. The only requirements to analyze a log are:
    • Select the Engine Type (MAF or SD) to present the INPUT page.
    • Ensure that Log File Column Titles entered on the INPUT page exactly match those in the Log File. Column Titles of various ADX files are provided on the MAF and SD INPUT pages as a starting point. To use them, merely highlight a Mask’s data and copy it to the area on the INPUT sheet where Log Column Titles are entered.
    • Press F9 to analyze

Feedback appreciated, especially regarding improvements or changes.

Elky
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Does this work on Open Office? Does this work with MAP systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Drnhandy View Post
    You can try it with OO, but it's not guaranteed to work because despite being an Excel clone, some operations have been reported as being different. But please try and report back. Also note that Excel 2007 or later is required.

Yes MAP supported. That's Speed Density.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnhandy View Post
    Just a minor note, but Open Office isn't really supported anymore if I recall correctly. I moved to Libre Office so I could actually open modern Excel files.

84Elky, thanks for this! I'll give it a shot and see how it does with MAF stuff, should be fun.

EDIT: As for LibreOffice, it doesn't seem to work. The first error the macros throw is with a development function that was left in that lets you exit without saving. Once I removed that development function, the sheet loaded properly. But then when I select MAF or SD, it throws a BASIC runtime error 423 related to "value2" in ThisWorkbook.

So sadly, looks like it really will require real MS Office to run this unless the code gets refactored for compatibility.
    Last edited by NomakeWan; 10-14-2021 at 12:59 AM.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    Just a minor note, but Open Office isn't really supported anymore if I recall correctly. I moved to Libre Office so I could actually open modern Excel files.

84Elky, thanks for this! I'll give it a shot and see how it does with MAF stuff, should be fun.

EDIT: As for LibreOffice, it doesn't seem to work. The first error the macros throw is with a development function that was left in that lets you exit without saving. Once I removed that development function, the sheet loaded properly. But then when I select MAF or SD, it throws a BASIC runtime error 423 related to "value2" in ThisWorkbook.

So sadly, looks like it really will require real MS Office to run this unless the code gets refactored for compatibility.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it will unfortunately not run on any of the open source platforms (discontinued OpenOffice, LibreOffice, NeoOffice, ApacheOffice, etc.). This is because of differences in how MS integrates VBA and how other versions of BASIC are integrated in the open source. Also regrettable that MS is constantly changing programming standards that open source developers cannot keep up with! This is also the reason I cannot unfortunately do the same which would require multiple versions to support open source. Again, regretable.

I'm unsure if there is truly a free version of Microsoft 365 . . . but . . . https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...ending-a-dime/

Might work with MS account while connected to a web browser?

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm unsure if there is truly a free version of Microsoft 365 . . . but . . . https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...ending-a-dime/

Might work with MS account while connected to a web browser?

dave w
    Unfortunately this won't work Dave, but thanks for the post. Macros are not supported in the Web Office version. Grrr.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Elky View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it will unfortunately not run on any of the open source platforms (discontinued OpenOffice, LibreOffice, NeoOffice, ApacheOffice, etc.). This is because of differences in how MS integrates VBA and how other versions of BASIC are integrated in the open source. Also regrettable that MS is constantly changing programming standards that open source developers cannot keep up with! This is also the reason I cannot unfortunately do the same which would require multiple versions to support open source. Again, regretable.
    Hey, thanks for the response! I figured it would be a difference between BASIC and VisualBasic. Microsoft is notorious for doing exactly this sort of thing in order to make sure your only option is to use their products (remember win32s? DR-DOS? WordPerfect?), so it doesn't surprise me one iota.

I'm sure I have a copy of Office sitting around somewhere. Might as well toss it onto the same laptop I use for tuning stuff and try this again.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    Hey, thanks for the response! I figured it would be a difference between BASIC and VisualBasic. Microsoft is notorious for doing exactly this sort of thing in order to make sure your only option is to use their products (remember win32s? DR-DOS? WordPerfect?), so it doesn't surprise me one iota.

I'm sure I have a copy of Office sitting around somewhere. Might as well toss it onto the same laptop I use for tuning stuff and try this again.
    Will need 2007 or higher.

Carb and Points!
    Hello,
    I am trying to download the Log Analyzer but all it does is open up a page like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 160215.jpg

Just a blank page. I tried in Firefox and then Chrome. Am I making a mistake or is there an issue with the file?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Carb and Points!
    Found it!
    I searched in Google for the file name. Found another link from the thirdgen.org forum

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...ick-tuner.html

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 85 Frankenstein View Post
    Hello,
    I am trying to download the Log Analyzer but all it does is open up a page like this:

Screenshot 2023-06-15 160215.jpg

Just a blank page. I tried in Firefox and then Chrome. Am I making a mistake or is there an issue with the file?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
    There was a software update on Gearhead-EFI that unfortunately nuked a whole lot of user attachments in the process. This was clearly one of them.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)