Thread: Looking for xdf 12613248

Carb and Points!

Looking for xdf 12613248

Just getting started, I found a bin file with same OS, but was a 4.3, I have a 2006 Silverado 2500HD LQ4 6.0 with 4L80 trans. I have my bin downloaded, I have the Checksum thrown in the file but it's not loaded in to plugins which I've seen that it may be there without showing up. We will see. May help appreciated!

Fuel Injected!
    http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...-Patcher/page2 Patches to use to disable vats with Universal Patcher. put in patch folder. click load patches check patch to disable vats. click load patch. save new bin with no vats. xdf for 12613248 im not sure if there currently one.

Carb and Points!
    You completely lost me with all that. Is this what I need to edit a few things or is it his for vats only? Really only looking to remove rear 02s and a few other things time being.

Fuel Injected!
    Perhaps you should read a little more around here. Those were all English words and if you want to learn how to tune your PCM for free, your vocabulary needs to come up a little.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    English is good my friend. I have a vocabulary. Thanks. Just didn't understand all he had said. That's the point of coming here right?
    Last edited by KevinReed1987; 10-31-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Sure, that is the point of coming here. And we like to assist people in solving their EFI problems and getting their vehicles up and running. But so MANY show up here wanting a difficult topic such as this served up to them in one email to make it easy for them. And tuning is NEVER going to be learned that way without more effort.

Rick

Carb and Points!
    I've been reading. Not looking for a hand out. Was looking for correct XDF as that's what I read I needed. I know how to do most of the other stuff once I'm in. Assumed that's all I needed. From what I've gathered this far. Also was looking to see if there was an xdf that was close, I've seen others suggest other SNs that would work.
    Last edited by KevinReed1987; 10-31-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not aware that an XDF has ever been created for that particular OS - XDF files are very hard to create. Your later 2006 OS, engine and transmission combination will require a 1 megabyte PCM OS and there is only one good, richly featured XDF for that OS - last four digits of the OS = 7603. You will be overwriting your 12613248 OS with xxxx7603 after editing 7603 with its mated and married 7603 XDF using the Tuner Pro RT editing app.

Do you have a bench harness with at least two amps of 13.8 VDC support?

What tool will you be using to perform the writing to the PCM? I like LS Droid and PCM Hammer but have dabbled with Universal Patcher to fix self inflicted checksum errors - not to write the file to the PCM.

Rick
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 10-31-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Carb and Points!
    I didn't think I needed a bench tester I had contemplated doing it, but I'm just using it in vehicle with PCM Hammer, I unplugged most of my other module relays. I read a few guys doing it in vehicle, now correct me if I'm wrong is that not a positive way to do it? I watched a few vids "FixedUntilBroken" on YouTube, he said you can do it in vehicle unless doing multiple is why most people use bench, and I had it hooked to a battery charger while loading it, and I keep it on 14v, and I believe lowest setting was 4amps.

Fuel Injected!
    yes it was for no vats for engine swap into a vehicle that didnt have a ls. if switching to a 7603 os (operating system) you will need a new eletric foot pedal and module. 2006 is different for the os you have. truck will not responde well. may need to swap something with throttle body or injectors to match the 7603 os. 7603 is the only xdf i know of for the p59 pcm 1mb memory.

Administrator
    Do you have a bench harness with at least two amps of 13.8 VDC support?
    No... Do I need one? I've been reading/writing without benchtop harness since 1995.

I had it hooked to a battery charger while loading it,
    It may be important to confirm the charger output is steady with no A/C component. If you have a spare battery or a jump pack that might be better.

Carb and Points!
    My charger can pulse or do consistent charging, I can put it on timer and change voltages to 6/12/24 low medium high. Im sure it's there's no issues there. But sounds like I'll have to change a few things before I can. Also this is a 2007 Silverado classic, if that confused you, I said 2006 cause alot of people assume 2007 is NBS.
    Is that what I'm going to have to do to succeed in this is change pedal and TB ?

Administrator
    Also this is a 2007 Silverado classic, if that confused you, I said 2006 cause alot of people assume 2007 is NBS.
    Not a bit. My shop truck is a 2007 Silverado NBS. I usually say it's an '08 to make it easier.