Let me start by stating what i want to do and what I have. Right now the plan is to put a 5.3 engine into a 1983 4x4 suburban and pair it up with an SM465 transmission. I bought a 2006 GM 5.3 that came out of a 1500 2wd Sierra. I have the PCM and wire harness from the truck. The OS number is 12587811. it also has a blue green plugs. But I bought an extra 2004 Chevy Tahoe PCM with blue green plugs Serv No 12586242 HDW 12583660 and an os number 12587603. This is my first project and need all the help I can get!

From what I understand which isn't much I need to download the .bin file from the PCM. get an appropriate .XDF file associated with the OS #. load both into TunerPro RT and turn VATS off. From what I've read 02 sensors, torque reductions and other things will also need to be adjusted. But right now I need help finding XDF files that will not throw checksum errors. I also need to know if the pin numbers changed in the two wire harnesses or if I can use the 04 PCM with the 06 wire harness. But if someone could walk me through step by step, assuming I know nothing, to get one of my PCM working with the engine I would greatly appreciate it.