Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
the actual logic will be difficult and i believe will make your plan unworkable, as the original bin that is booted from when starting the flash process has already altered and locked the config register. the config register can only be set once, you can't just alter it at runtime. this means your plan requires altering the original bin so you can mess with the config register on ecm boot at least once, which would require at least one 'unprotected' flash
Hi Steveo,

Original bin locks the EEPROM unless it finds a tag. On finding the tag the BPROT register remains $00 which permits writing of the config *for that boot only*. This is done less than 64 EClocks into the boot (EClock 36 if I remember right) I have already tested this with the stock bin. Kur4o brings up the ESide... I didn't look at that yet but full of hope.
The three instruction code in the earlier post makes this happen for the '97 code. There might be differences year to year. Again all this needs to be looked at before it can be termed a solution.
It is my hope that the original bin needs no mods.

If you have the time, wade through the code snips I posted. First snip shows the instructions run from EClock 0 through EClock 36. Second is code that is loaded into ram at $0 and run. Not written yet is the code loaded into ram that writes the EEPROM with a loader and modifies the CONFIG. If you find a hole in this please post for me.

-Tom