Thread: 1997 F-Body Tools

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    On reading it will be good if the eeprom area of both banks is read too[if not already done], for easier files identification.

You can also add some dummy program mode, that will just dump bin to pcm, without actual writing to happen, to check for stable communication.
    Something like simulated flash.
    Hi,

I have not been reading EEPROM, but plan to. Thinking to add it into the TSide bank 0 buffer and into the ESide buffer.

Do other programming software use the EEPROM as safety in case of programming interruption? If yes, where can I find the details? If no, I will look into using this.

Kur4o, I am using your suggestion of the "dummy program mode" to test my programming. Works a treat, plan to include that. For now all I do is turn off VPPH and skip the erase.

At the moment, reading and dummy programming for TSide are working and stable. The 68HC11 software that does the actual programming needed work. I have added the needed handling of banks to it and all looks good.

Plan to start on ESide software tomorrow.

-Tom

EDIT: Looks like the EEPROM can be re-positioned such that it replaces FLASH for the vectors. There is a small but usable code space where backup brick prevention can be programmed. I will play with this a bit more. -T
    Last edited by Tom H; 01-16-2024 at 02:35 PM.