Thread: TBI tuning question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Cool TBI tuning question

Hello everyone, I have began getting my feet wet with tuning..theoretically, to save time instead of following the procedure to tune the ¨right¨ way (add aftermarket parts, get vehicle to idle, datalog, emulator, or burn chips, rinse, repeat, etc) could a guy just advance timing until spark knock- then back off a few degrees until no more knock, follow the procedure to reset the IAC and then turn the idle screw in or out to get the vehicle to idle...then make the fuel pressure regulator adjustable to adjust afr (lean or rich), read spark plugs (white = lean, chocolate = about right) and continue to adjust idle screw and FPR, then read the plugs again and again until you get ¨close¨with your target RPM and spark plug color, exh smell, etc? I get this isnt the correct way of dialing the vehicle in after headers, heads, cam, intake, etc. This is just an idea I thought of. I am anxious to hear others opinions. Also If someone were to adjust the timing, fuel by the FPR and idle as described, would injector BPW or other scalars need edited to compensate? I hope this thread can create a good discussion, as I always like to learn and hear others ideas, theories. PS, I am not dead set on this ¨method¨ just curious is all, Thanks - AJ.
    Last edited by ThatDude-98; 01-25-2022 at 09:53 AM.