I've been twisting wrenches both for fun and in economic self defense for over half a century so far. I've been schooled in electronics to the point I could keep Korean era military electronics working and could earn a living doing calibration and maintenance of industrial process controls, back in the seventies... Back when a 24.4 modem seemed fast, I passed the test for A+ certification from Microsoft, built a CNC machine for my woodworking shop and read all of Cisco's site. Then it dawned on me that if I kept going down "the electronics" career path I was just going to be playing catch up to a bunch of brilliant young creatives who hadn't yet figured out that you have to earn a living in this world and turned back to building and remodeling houses, I already knew how to do all that profitably.

I'm pretty new to the computational part of twisting wrenches deeper than what I could find with a paperclip, flash code chart, pinout and wiring diagrams. But I feel confident that I've got a good knowledge base to learn from.

I've been lurking here for a while and I think it's time to ask some questions, So I'm off to the forums!

Enjoy!