So, this was my first trip here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...light=doc_rock
84Elky helped a tremendous amount and really got me aimed in the right direction, but over the course of the last two years I've identified and fixed more issues, and made quite a few realizations (I think). One of the big ones I found was a temp sender that was failing to ground at temps over 90c, which was grounding out the 5v reference circuit...
So now that I've got it down to a fairly close tune - I'm looking for help on figuring out low RPM bucking and backfiring.
Initially I was using the S-AUJP bin, but I've come to the realization that the manual and automatic are two totally different tunings - and I don't know that I have been able to copy off the differences correctly between the two - seems easier to start with a manual .bin and go from there.
So, what we're dealing with here:
This is a 1990 F car, 7730 ECM with a T-56 and a 4th gen G80 rear end (3.23 gears)
The closest stock configuration I can find to what's in the car is the AXCN .bin file from a 1991 Corvette.
I have copied and am using that bin directly in the 7730ECM - the only changes I've made to it are adjusting the VSS settings to get it to read correctly on the speedometer, and correctly in the ECM.
I did have a dakota digital box, but I could never get it to stop fluttering in neutral, sitting still - (this is how I realized that contrary to a lot of things I've read, the speed sensor is extremely critical to the ECM)

What I'm fighting with now is low RPM/high load (like accelerating out of idle speed in gear) backfire, bucking, and in general miserable behavior, and part-throttle backfire during acceleration. Essentially if you drive it like a total jackass it performs perfect. If you drive it just above granny-level it performs perfect. It you drive it like normal people, it is absolutely miserable.
This is totally conceptual discussion, questions and answers, and may take a while (I don't have much time, I'm trying to deliver this to my aunt by the end of next week - and it's probably running good enough for that) but - where do I start?