Thread: idle a litle rough?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    Mark, I have been going through setting up data tracing for my $0D XDF... So far I have data tracing enabled on BOTH VE tables, BOTH spark tables, and BOTH Idle Speed tables (there are actually 4 idle speed tables, but only the two for "DRIVE" apply to me since I'm manual trans)

Can you think of anything else I could benefit from setting up for data tracing?
    Not really, If you find you need something add it.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I burned another chip this time with only the idle area flattened in the IDLE VE table, seems to be better but I'm not sure if that's just because the engine was up to operating temp by the time I was running that particular bin, or if that fixed it.

Always base your decisions on a warmed up engine with at least a rev up to 1500 RPM or so for at least 30 seconds. Then see where your at and adjust.

Should really only have to make changes to Idle tables as you have VSS so it knows when Idling and speed.

Do you have CCP? Cause it's coming on and off.

Do you have EGR because it has a Diagnostic Interupt reset on and your error code is off? Not sure what that would effect...

No TCC but it is checked and a TCC flag is coming on and off?

TCC Clutch only is checked?

Closed Loop Idle is not checked and supposed to be on manual trans from notes?

Why did you choose a Auto bin to start a Manual trans rig?

Initial Spark is 4.9 and should be 0?

Cylinder volume has been changed, not Small Block and not Big Block?

Injector Size is Big Block? I think you raised that to lean things out IIRC? But I think you should set up the calibration properly to start.

Varible Tuning Control is enabled in Bitmasks in ADX and I don't even know what that is?

All that said and I don't know if any of that is your issue as I had more issues with the kids truck and it idled smooth... but you had 7747 on this before so did it idle smooth?

-= =-

So are you saying I should paste in the stock VE tables and start over with trying to fix idle?

There is a charcoal canister under the hood yes, but is that different than CCP?

NO EGR, I got rid of that years ago............................

For the TCC :
    Quote Originally Posted by 93V8S10
    400F bit 7: Manual Transmission, On = Manual Trans, Off = Auto Trans

400F bit 6: TCC Only (non electronic trans), On = Auto trans with TCC control only, Off = Auto trans with electronic shift and TCC control

Edit: 400F bit 6 and 400E bit 2 must be on if a manual trans is used.

Close loop idle was NEVER enabled on the bin I'm using BJLH so I just left that alone

I chose the auto bin b/c the only known manual bins for the 7427 are for either a V6 or big block, I tried the big block tune and it ran terrible as I expected it would. So I picked the auto bin b/c it was a 350 bin.............

Initial Spark advance is set to 4.9 degrees, because my distributor is set to 4.9 degrees base timing.......................

Cylinder volume has been changed because the engine is bored .060 over, thereby increasing the cylinder volume.

Injector size I just kept raising until it started to halfway idle decently, as per dave w's instructions.

Variable tuning control: your guess is as good as mine.

Yes I had the 7747 before and it did idle more smoothly. If you recall, I made an adapter for the 7427 PCM, so today I swapped the 7747 back in mere seconds and the idle is indeed smoother than the 7427 for whatever reason....

I'm all for setting up the calibration properly to start, which is what I tried to do. But if you think I can do better in some way please specifically tell me what I can try.
    Last edited by CDeeZ; 08-02-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Well at least you have answers for all I saw!

But if it ran smooth with 7747 and now it does not then it has got to be a bin issue! Can't find any wiring issues, IAC is working like crazy trying to keep up, everything seems to be?

I think I found the issue? I compared the differences from your bin to the stock bin and found lots of changes that are fine. But about 50 that are undifined meaning something has changed that does not have a paremeter value in TunerPro XDF... = something bad happened...

-= =-

Those undefined items you see..... Aren't those just for the E-fan patch code that I applied a few days ago??? I noticed those undefined items as well, but I thought they were from the E-fan code.....

Variable tuning control is what is used for the Fan output.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s