Thread: What chip style do I select in Flash N Burn?

Fuel Injected!

What chip style do I select in Flash N Burn?

I just got my Moates hardware in today. I want to read my stock memcal to use as a starter bin file. Im not sure what chip style to select. Its a 16168625 PCM. I have the 4298 BHAR. First time doing this, so I don't want to mess up my stock chip by selecting the wrong one. Out of a 93 K1500

Fuel Injected!
    Not sure how you're reading the stock PROM...you might want to take a peak at a HDR1
    Should be one of the "read only" selections something like 27C512 when using Flash and Burn. Don't think you can hurt the PROM and Flash n Burn will normally auto select the PROM you're trying to read.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    Not sure how you're reading the stock PROM...you might want to take a peak at a HDR1
    Should be one of the "read only" selections something like 27C512 when using Flash and Burn. Don't think you can hurt the PROM and Flash n Burn will normally auto select the PROM you're trying to read.
    Thanks, I'm using the HDR1. I ended up just guessing 27c512. then had problems trying too burn the stock file to a new chip. I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right before I make any changes to it. It took me a few tries, but the truck is currently running of the new chip. Somehow, the first time the stock chip was read, it only saved a 32KB file. All the parameters i checked looked right so I assumed it was good. Turns out the full file is 64KB. Once I got that figured out, I was good to go.