Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

Today I logged and got pretty good results. I was able to get it higher up in the rpm range by keeping it in 2nd gear. So at this point do I just turn back on the MAF? Do I need to adjust anything for Open Loop since that's what Chuck tuned? Under Open Loop I see a "Ratio of Air to Fuel for Stoichiometry" set to 1.07. Is that normal cause it seems rather low?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Was turning on MAF back on in Universal Patcher and noticed something called Lean Cruise P59 2001. I applied this patch. Does this give me lean cruise mode?

It Looks a lot Better I wouldn't close the book just yet though. For instance, In 105 kpa fields, there are values less than 100 kpa field for a given RPM starting at 3200 rpm. I would touch up these areas first, They should be greater than 100kpa values. More load means more fuel. At this point being this close with your VE, I wouldn't change anything with Stoich values. 1.07 sounds like an EQ ratio. Hit [F10] button to show parameter comments. If you change the target ratio, you through off the whole VE table.
    and Everything else.

You can also change target to -2 or so, in trimalyzer. I personally would try to get all negatives before turning MAF back on. I bet the car is running really nice now.
    Remember That when you turn the MAF on, you are pretty much done with VE, cause I don't believe you have the capability to log how it determines Air Mass, Weather SD or MAF. I would log a couple times and see results I am satisfied with makeing no changes, before I close the book, Unless in a time crunch, It's your car, might as well get it as good as you can. FWI you can also use universal patcher to add a lean cruise patch when you are done that applies all stock settings from the holden cars.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Was turning on MAF back on in Universal Patcher and noticed something called Lean Cruise P59 2001. I applied this patch. Does this give me lean cruise mode?
    I'm not sure if that one makes it active or just so you can use it. THe other patch turns it on with all the stock settings from Holden cars.
    I would not recomend turning LC on until you are done tuning. Still Have to log with MAF on and see how it does. You may have to tune MAF table.

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    It Looks a lot Better I wouldn't close the book just yet though. For instance, In 105 kpa fields, there are values less than 100 kpa field for a given RPM starting at 3200 rpm. I would touch up these areas first, They should be greater than 100kpa values. More load means more fuel. At this point being this close with your VE, I wouldn't change anything with Stoich values. 1.07 sounds like an EQ ratio. Hit [F10] button to show parameter comments. If you change the target ratio, you through off the whole VE table.
    and Everything else.
    Thanks, it certainly smells better. I'll take another look at those fields as it wasn't as smooth as I'd like it. At this point it's a lot of manual adjustments
    You can also change target to -2 or so, in trimalyzer. I personally would try to get all negatives before turning MAF back on. I bet the car is running really nice now.
    I didn't know I could do that. I'll do that next before turning on MAF then.
    Remember That when you turn the MAF on, you are pretty much done with VE, cause I don't believe you have the capability to log how it determines Air Mass, Weather SD or MAF. I would log a couple times and see results I am satisfied with makeing no changes, before I close the book, Unless in a time crunch, It's your car, might as well get it as good as you can. FWI you can also use universal patcher to add a lean cruise patch when you are done that applies all stock settings from the holden cars.
    So Holden cars have lean cruise on by default? Lucky Australians. :)

I'm not sure if that one makes it active or just so you can use it. THe other patch turns it on with all the stock settings from Holden cars.
    I would not recomend turning LC on until you are done tuning. Still Have to log with MAF on and see how it does. You may have to tune MAF table.
    Does turning it on give me a Stoich table that I can adjust based on intake pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Does turning it on give me a Stoich table that I can adjust based on intake pressure?
    Turning on MAF does just that turns on the MAF, so air mass calculations are measured by the MAF, instead of calced by VE table, that's simple terms, stock is a balance hybrid blended mode that blends measured MAF with VE.

Stoichiometric is the ratio of fuel that has the most combustion heat and burns the most of both fuel and air. Rich is left over fuel to burn more air, lean is more air to more completely burn fuel.

In closed loop, your target is always stoich, that's all narrow o2's know, stoich, rich or lean. To go LC, or Power enrichment, it is open loop.
    You can go open loop and run whater ratio you want, with open loop afr table. It looks more like a ve table.

Open loop calculations are based off off the stoich value.

Hope all that makes sense?
    Last edited by ralmo94; 10-28-2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typo

Turning on MAF does just that turns on the MAF, so air mass calculations are measured by the MAF, instead of calced by VE table, that's simple terms, stock is a balance hybrid blended mode that blends measured MAF with VE.

Stoichiometric is the ratio of fuel that has the most combustion heat and burns the most of both fuel and air. Rich is left over fuel to burn more air, lean is more air to more completely burn fuel.

In closed loop, your target is always stoich, that's all narrow o2's know, stoich, rich or lean. To go LC, or Power enrichment, it is open loop.
    You can go open loop and run whater ratio you want, with open loop afr table. It looks more like a ve table.

Open loop calculations are based off off the stoich value.

Hope all that makes sense?
    \
    Is VE used for both closed loop and open loop? I can't use lean cruise with closed loop enabled?

Did a log and it came back real good. I set it to -2% in Trimalyzer as you suggested and did a lot of manual adjustments. One more adjustment and log I think should do it. For comparison I took a snapshot of the VE table when Chuck did it and the one currently used in the car. Pretty big differences, especially because I set the fuel injectors to be 10% bigger which leaned it out 10%.

The ve table is used for speed density calculations to determine an airmass based on the location of the VE table. MAF measures air mass according to the MAF look up curve. Neither one has anything to do with open or closed loop. Closed loop is when the O2 sensors are used to trim the fuel. Open loop, opens the loop of the O2 sensor feedback, and no adjustments are made.

Lean cruise and power enrichment go open loop to command a fuel ratio different than stoich, then when conditions are right, go back to CL.

Logg looks very good, and VE looks pretty smooth, nice work.

Did another log and this is the results. I did copy and Modify Clipboard Data again and did a little bit of manual tuning. At this point I think I'm good for going after tuning the MAF. I did find this guide but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it? I also tried to read the PCM on my uncles 07 Tahoe with my setup and it won't read it. I wanted to make some adjustments for his vehicle as well, but PCM Hammer won't read it. I'm thinking that certain cables can only read certain cars. I see a lot of YouTubers using OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner which I think works pretty good on generally most GM vehicles?

Looks pretty good to me lots of data cells filled in.

I watched some of that video, the dynamic stuff to keep MAF only isn't a bad idea in my opinion,
    The rest, it depends on if you can filter the data or not. So, at this point it depends on how you plan to tune your MAF.

Trymalyzer's Modify button does not work on MAF. It's great for filtering the data, and be tables,
    But if you want to use it for MAF tuning you will need to hand tune based off of the data from it.

Another option if you are good with spreadsheet software is to set up a data table based on your logged trims and MAF Hz to create a histogram. I don't know how to personally so I can't help with this.

No matter how you tune your MAF, you will need to log the Hz or frequency that the MAF is

When logging MAF table, you don't necessarily need to log different rpm ranges log with VE, but different MAF hz

Looks pretty good to me lots of data cells filled in.

I watched some of that video, the dynamic stuff to keep MAF only isn't a bad idea in my opinion,
    The rest, it depends on if you can filter the data or not. So, at this point it depends on how you plan to tune your MAF.

Trymalyzer's Modify button does not work on MAF. It's great for filtering the data, and be tables,
    But if you want to use it for MAF tuning you will need to hand tune based off of the data from it.

Another option if you are good with spreadsheet software is to set up a data table based on your logged trims and MAF Hz to create a histogram. I don't know how to personally so I can't help with this.

No matter how you tune your MAF, you will need to log the Hz or frequency that the MAF is

When logging MAF table, you don't necessarily need to log different rpm ranges log with VE, but different MAF hz
    I am not good with spreadsheet software. I haven't watched the whole video but when I do I'll hopefully get an idea of what needs to be done. I did learn about the smooth feature in TunerPro and used it. To get that log I had to race the engine high, limited to 2nd gear. I fear for my 4L60 transmission.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-data-Tutorial
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 10-30-2022 at 05:07 AM.

Basically what needs to be done is operation the engine in near steady state under different loads and ovoid power enrichment and deceleration cut off. You can use trimalyzer for evaluation of your log. But again you have to make sure you are logging MAF Hz. You'll have to log and see how far off it is. I don't think I would get to crazy turning stuff off and changing things you don't understand

Basically what needs to be done is operation the engine in near steady state under different loads and ovoid power enrichment and deceleration cut off. You can use trimalyzer for evaluation of your log. But again you have to make sure you are logging MAF Hz. You'll have to log and see how far off it is. I don't think I would get to crazy turning stuff off and changing things you don't understand
    I did everything that was shown in the video which is this bin I'm uploading. My problem is that I gotta log MAF Hz which I'm not sure if Torque can do. I see options like Mass air flow sensor A and B but that doesn't tell me what it logs. Shows to be units g/s show I doubt it's in Hz. So I'm back to square one where I need a way to log. I'll try once again to see if PCM Logger works if I change some settings, but I think it just hates my ODB cable. If someone has an alternative please let me know, or a ODB cable or bluetooth that works that doesn't break the bank.

Have you tried adding plug ins to the app?
    Here is a free one
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...9UFF-lFWcF297C

And here is a pay for one
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...EFf178e396usAv

They say they add channels to gm cars. Maybe the channel you need is in the plug in?

Have you tried adding plug ins to the app?
    Here is a free one
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...9UFF-lFWcF297C

And here is a pay for one
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...EFf178e396usAv

They say they add channels to gm cars. Maybe the channel you need is in the plug in?
    Thanks but I actually got PCM Logger working. It wouldn't work unless I uncheck Knock Retard because it said it wasn't supported. I did flash it with the changes as suggested by the video and ready to log. So I should drive it but not aggressive? What am I looking to do to log it? Also PCM Logger doesn't seem to have an engine temp selection.