Thread: Thanks for having me!

Electronic Ignition!

Thanks for having me!

Hello guys and gals my name is Keith, thanks for having me on the site! I've been getting information from the site for years but just decided to join, I have a few "irons in the fire" so to speak, first i have a 1948 chevy fleetline (aero sedan) I have a 6.0 LS on standby for her, I have an ex-UHAUL 26' 1988 CHEVY C60 cab and chassis, that was factory air bagged in the rear, it has the "easy load option" ie: airbags, compressor, airtainks etc, it has the 366 tall deck bigblock factory, completely un-molested, im going to make a frame dragger/wedge fladbed out of her, and I have a 2004 trailblazer 5.3ls, plans for this one will be a rear door and side window shave/delete to make it a 2 door with hopes of lowering in the weeds and still retain the 4x4, pics coming soon, again thanks for having me!

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya and
    I wouldn't mind getting that crank out of your 366. Where are you located?
    -Carl

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Hiya and
    I wouldn't mind getting that crank out of your 366. Where are you located?
    Hi in-tech thanks for the welcome!, i take it you want to stroke a big block? im in the cleveland ohio area, im not sure which direction im going yet, i would like to LS it just to make it dependable, you are first in line if/when i do the swap!

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    I am in central Calif. The stock 366 and 427 truck cranks are generally well hardened(tufftrided). I haven't physically seen a 366 crank which makes me curious since I am building an old school 427. I think the 3rd counterweight is thinner but dunno. Keep me in mind, thanks.
    -Carl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Carl

Electronic Ignition!
    Hiya,
    I am in central Calif. The stock 366 and 427 truck cranks are generally well hardened(tufftrided). I haven't physically seen a 366 crank which makes me curious since I am building an old school 427. I think the 3rd counterweight is thinner but dunno. Keep me in mind, thanks.
    -Carl
    I am definitely going to check that out, I am 95% sure it's going to get LS swapped, if I can get a good deal on one locally I'm going to yank it, I'm going to do a "will it run" video on it because it hasn't ran in 10 years or so, so when i change the oil I'll scope the drain plug hole and have a look at the crank and see what we got, I've heard of the Tufftriding process before, I bought a sbc 3.75 stroker crank that was tufftrided, spun it up to 7600 and it didn't detonate lol, I'll let you know what i come up with
    k that was

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    -Carl
    The caps are beefy as well. 4 bolt on all caps from memory.

I think I would keep a 366 big block before I went with a 6.0L myself. That is just me though. I swapped a TBI 366 in place of a 350 TBI in a 95 G30 class C RV. That 366 was a very strong runner.
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-21-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by keigger73 View Post
    I am definitely going to check that out, I am 95% sure it's going to get LS swapped, if I can get a good deal on one locally I'm going to yank it, I'm going to do a "will it run" video on it because it hasn't ran in 10 years or so, so when i change the oil I'll scope the drain plug hole and have a look at the crank and see what we got, I've heard of the Tufftriding process before, I bought a sbc 3.75 stroker crank that was tufftrided, spun it up to 7600 and it didn't detonate lol, I'll let you know what i come up with
    k that was
    Spray some fogging oil in the cylinders first then use a breaker bar to turn it through 2-4 complete revolutions. Don't want to break a ring or something if one is stuck.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Spray some fogging oil in the cylinders first then use a breaker bar to turn it through 2-4 complete revolutions. Don't want to break a ring or something if one is stuck.
    yes I'll definitely fog each cylinder and bar it over, I may just keep the 366 too, i was just amazed when i tilted the hood on it and found everything completely untouched, it has the 5spd dual PTO provision trans as well, but being a U-Haul im sure it has a very tall rear gear as well, they had a governed carb and was geared to never hit 56 mph lol, I'll be on the hunt for a 2spd rear for it as well, I'll post my build of this C60, it's going to be pretty cool