Quote Originally Posted by sanderson231 View Post
I watched a couple of the Richard Holdener videos and it is crazy how much peak torque the TPI intake makes. But the problem is that the OP is concerned about too much torque. So that leaves three options; 1) detune the engine to make less torque (and give up HP), 2) drive the car conservatively or 3) use a different intake. I like sports cars that feel like sports cars (Quad 4 in a Pontiac Fiero) so I would select the latter.

There is a lot of reasonable experience in the Fiero World running V-8's and 3800 supercharged engines on a 5 speed, manual transaxle rated for 200 ft-lb. So I think that GM's torque ratings are conservative. I suspect that the 383 the OP has chosen with a TPI intake would be reliable with no other torque management than reasonable use of the right foot.
The car is registered as historical, I have no idea what kind of checking they will do for the next inspections so it’s safer to stick with the stock intake.
I can apply appropriate throttle and that will be more efficient and safer for the engine but I don’t know how consistent can I be. The engine can produce high torque even at a small opening of the flap, but It should be that hard