Thread: PWM fans with P59 ecu or "EV Fan Type" setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I went ahead and define all the Fan tables for the 7603, can be found under Vehicle Settings>Fans in the attached XDF. Hopefully this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    I went ahead and define all the Fan tables for the 7603, can be found under Vehicle Settings>Fans in the attached XDF. Hopefully this helps.
    thank you, much appreciated. At this point i really just need to grab one of these PCMs from the yard and measure the output with a scope. If the frequency is in the range that could work with pwm fans i'll at least give this a try.

Fuel Injected!
    just thought I'd add real quick that it might be useful to pick up the pwm box from I believe it's a Ford something. it's the same box the c6 corvettes use but at cheap price and in junk yards. that will allow you to test out if pwm works using a brushed fan. before buying a brushless setup.

if it runs the box, it will runs a gm oem brushless. I switched my c6 from the box and stock fan to a brushless c7 fan and it was plug and play.

also even in the Gen 4 ecm pwm output is just the relay control being pulsed real fast. the tables doesn't really work like you'd think. it's more like using the relay settings of off low and high point and blending them together to make a curve. so I think this is possible to work.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    just thought I'd add real quick that it might be useful to pick up the pwm box from I believe it's a Ford something. it's the same box the c6 corvettes use but at cheap price and in junk yards. that will allow you to test out if pwm works using a brushed fan. before buying a brushless setup.

if it runs the box, it will runs a gm oem brushless. I switched my c6 from the box and stock fan to a brushless c7 fan and it was plug and play.

also even in the Gen 4 ecm pwm output is just the relay control being pulsed real fast. the tables doesn't really work like you'd think. it's more like using the relay settings of off low and high point and blending them together to make a curve. so I think this is possible to work.
    thanks, i greatly appreciate the input!!