Thread: New to tunerpro

Carb and Points!

New to tunerpro

So, i LQ swapped my wifes nova and current set up is LQ4/M12 T56, 1-7/8x3" LT headers, holley fuel rails w multec 2 injectors and a 4011 pcm.
    I'm having a difficult time getting it ironed out. I've never used PCM hammer or tuner pro until recently. Car starts up just fine and I drive it to work (22 miles round trip) operating pressure is 43lbs via aeromotive regulator with a pre micron filter and 100gph fuel pump. the bin i have had luck with is a 5.3 auto file. i tried a 6.0 manual but it was corrupted. i figured i would bounce between settings and get the working 5.3 bin to match and it was a slew of issues so i reloaded the original 5.3 file. Any thoughts? I was just getting savvy with hp tuners when someone with the moving company that handled our PCS went though and stole some of our stuff, my HP tuner equipment being some of it. Any guidance or tips would be much appreciated!

Perhaps the gearhead-efi library of 2002 .bin files will help: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files

I use TunerCats .cal files.

Challenges I had with swapping a 5.3 into a 68 1/2 pickup with manual trans (3 on the tree) was Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (DFCO).

I used a 4.8 manual flash and copy / pasted the basic 5.3 fuel / air / spark parameters into 4.8 flash to get the DFCO happy. I programmed the hybrid 4.8 / 5.3 flash for a Digital Dakota 8K VSS.

I'm wondering if a LS1 / T56 flash modified with LQ4 parameters might be worth trying?

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    That's what I have been doing on the 0411 stuff. I start with a Camaro stick file and then do all the rest of the cu in, VE and spark tables accordingly. It seems to be better than just turning off the auto trans stuff. Still need a vss signal though.
    -Carl

Have you adjusted your injector data to reflect a return style system at 43psi? Depending on what 5.3 file you are using, the injector data could be for return or returnless, but in either case the data is for a system at 58psi.

Fuel Injected!
    Good call Pulse. I meant to mention that too. Correct injector data is critical for a good baseline.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    You guys are awesome, I didn't even think to adjust the injector data. I set it to 43 PSI based off the multec 2 data that I found. But if the correct operating pressure is 58 psi then I'll adjust accordingly.

I did try a 6.0 stick file but it turned out to be corrupted and I haven't found much luck with finding an ls1 stick file to utilize for a base tune for the 0411 pcm I'm running.

Carb and Points!
    I did find a 6.0 nv4500 file, what are your thoughts on using those parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by bajabadger View Post
    I did find a 6.0 nv4500 file, what are your thoughts on using those parameters?
    Screenshot below of fuel parameters that I updated (copied / pasted) into a 4.8 manual flash for a hybrid 5.3 manual flash. MAF and Spark tables updated too. (Basically 5.3 Fuel / Air / Spark parameters copied / pasted into a 4.8 flash).

Likely updating a LS1 Manual Flash with LQ4 Parameters listed below would be helpful.

Fuel.jpg

Carb and Points!
    Well gentlemen I made the necessary mods saved the bin file (moded file being used in car now) and now it's giving me a "file corrupted" error when I try to flash it. Any ideas? Start over again? not sure why it would or what could corrupt the file that previously worked. I have the original file that's my unmolested "master copy" so to speak.