Well I'm first to admit when I do something stupid. Few weeks ago I was not able to connect to the PMC to flash. The engine would cut off and on repeatedly. I opened the PCM up and all my soldering joints had blue corrosion. I now know it was from crappy acid core flux. Not sure about the solder but sure it was also. I ended up getting quality rosin core no clean "yea right" of both. I soldered another socket on an untouched PCM that came out of a B-Body. I did an amazing job this go round. Got me some X3 old man glasses haha that really helped see what I was doing.
I'm still having a problem. I have tried the Flash Blue Gray bin that worked before and even tried the BNDH one. Fans come on soon as I turn the key on. I have tried several cut outs for the floor to test out the chip height in the socket but still no go. I have a floor picked out that I will be using that puts the chip about level with the top of the socket. I have triple checked the pins that I can get to on the socket with a tester and all test ok.
I did clean the socket pins gently before installing the first chip but I do see a little residue on then that I'm fixing to try to polish up with a knife or something. Man this sucks. All I wanted is to hear the ole girl fire up on Christmas :)