Quote Originally Posted by Winchy View Post
Hey EdZip,
This is fantastic! I am lucky to have found this thread. Not two hours ago, I bricked my '95 LT1 PCM while flashing with WinFlash. I have never had a problem flashing with anything else. Today I decided to try WinFlash and it killed it.
I cannot communicate with it anymore. The LEDs on my ALDL adapter won't even flash anymore. They used to go wild as soon as I plug in the laptop.

I was going to send it out to the TunerCat people. They say the can fix it for $25 but, I see here you were able to bring it back from the dead. Would you mind it too much to paraphrase what you did? I am not foreign to electronics, so if you want to get down to techs, I am fine with that.

I am not trying to get out of the $25, I really want to learn how to do this since I have the feeling this is going to happen again. I want to get the EEPROM on a ZIF if that is possible and buy a dozen of of those little suckers just to be on the safe. :)

Could you please share the knowledge?

Thanks.

Follow this thread:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-repair-source

BUT bookmark this thread...it has the (2) bin files that worked. As a matter of fact the repaired PCM is still in the car working great. If you run into any problems...just send me an email.

Ed