Thread: Tuning Suggestions(1996 Buick Roadmaster - 1995 Chevy Impala SS ECM)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Capt1501,
    why did you change the 2Up3 shift @ 00.00% TPS to 0MpH?
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for responses everyone. Sorry haven't been on for awhile. Been having fuel pump issues on the Buick so haven't done much to it in last cpl weeks. Fuel pump ordered and trying to get money for wide band O2. Have a friend I've built a tranny for that is having a Dino installed at his shop and my car is going to be one of the first on it. That means I need the wide band installed and car ready within a few weeks. He is a tuner also and is going to help me get everything straight on it hopefully. Will let y'all know what we find.

In the meen time I will be looking into the parameters listed above. LeMarky Dissod, I'm pretty sure I did that as one of my mods just to see if it had any effect on the trans and no down shift. Will change that on tune and install tune before starting car with new fuel pump. Truthfully, I've changed so many parameters on trans trying to fix the problem and i haven't kept up with all of them like I should have. It is running on one of my earlier Tune because I kept getting Lean codes since I installed a new Evil Energy pump until it finally didn't want to run except at idle 2 weeks after installation no matter what I tried. Took that pump out and installed a Quantum pump I was running in my 95 Camaro and it straightened it out for about 4 days then that pump quit totally so have a new one ordered.

Let me make sure Y'all understand the problem. The transmission is perfect except not wanting to down shift to first when coming to stop. I touch the throttle at anytime and it will go right to first. I can do this in park, neutral or in drive. As soon as the TPS moves or comes off 0% it goes to first no matter what gear is selected. It was something I did in tuning. I can't down shift manually yet because of headers get in way of linkage. I also have cable system to install off a newer 4L60E to fix that problem but haven't had time to do it yet. My stuff is always last to work on.

So I've been working on my sons truck, 2005 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 with the Duramax. It has been a yr in the works and over $15,000 in parts alone and who knows the hrs. We have done more upgrades than able to list. Have went through motor, Trans(was done before current work), Transfer case, whole front end. All for doing 4wheel take offs at track. Just got new tune for it. The conservative tune is 700+hp and 1400+lbs torque. Trans has a good tune in it for my trans build but would like to break into trans tune to set up second gear take offs for track for the higher level tunes. Truck will probably end up on Dino also and see what we can do with it.

Promise to let y'all know and give updates on Buick

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    Capt1501,
    why did you change the 2Up3 shift @ 00.00% TPS to 0MpH?
    That was it!!!! Thankyou!!!

A little explanation for everyone as I now see it.

1: This had to be wayyyy back at my first couple attempts at programming. I don't even remember changing anything on normal Trans settings because I have it set to Performance and have just been changing those to get my shifts how and when I want them.
    2: With that setting set to Zero every time I was coming to a stop at 0%TPS the computer was automatically calling for 3rd gear. And that's what it was doing.
    3: Also, why, as soon as the throttle was touched or the computer saw a change in the TPS reading then it would demand first and of course go to first.
    4: By changing that back to close to a stock parameter that automatically fixed it because the CPU wasn't asking for 3rd gear at 0%TPS anymore.
    5: That's why this chat room is soooo cool! I might have found it eventualy but I probably would have finally had enough of it and just started all over back at stock everything and tried to get back to where I am now. But now because of someone else actually looked at my crappy programing it's fixed!

Thankyou to everyone that helped,
    Especially LeMarky Dissod!