Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Meth injection with distilled water is useless. The main reason is that water you are spraying will likely be at the same temp as engine bay. It won`t cool enough incoming air. It will also gives tons of white smoke at the tailpipe. At least the valves will be cleaned from carbon deposits and shine like new.

The reason methanol is needed is that when alcohol evaporates it ingest heat and cools the air making it more dense, with more oxygen content. So to make it work you need a real methanol in that injection. Wrapping headers with thermal barrier will also bring underhood temp down, or cutting vents in fenders or hood and adding E-fans.
The manufacturer claimed it still had cooling effect with straight water. I didn't think about that being the same temp, low slow flow, makes sense.
The manufacturer recommended using the blue window wash that only has meth and water in it, or a can of heat mixed with water. If it works as I think it should, I'm not afraid of buying the meth.

I pulled out the splash shields in the fender wells, that helped, but with summer traffic it needs more help. It's acceptable empty, but towing it is a problem. There is a factory e fan, when it comes on it just blows radiator heat into the engine bay though. I don't have headers yet, I plan on it though. Didn't know if it would be worth it to wrap the manifolds until then?

Sounds like the body lift is actually the best solution to the problem. I already have the meth kit mostly installed though, was thinking it helped I might as well use it.

I Appreciate all feedback