Life and lots of crappy weather have been giving me fits.
It seems like it has been raining every weekend, then we had that big cold snap.
Then when I had a sunny weekend, I had so much other stuff going on, the jeep had to take the back burner.

I did have a little time a couple weeks ago to start it and let it run. It had been setting since my last post.
It started up ok, but I could hear the random missfire thing it does (sounds like it is not running on all cylinders, but the miss can not be traced to any specific cylinder).
I just let it set there and idle for 10-15 min while I was starting up a bunch of other equipment to let them run (lawn mower, JD gator, chain saws, weed eaters, leaf blowers, etc...)
After running all the other equipment for a bit and putting them all back up, I decide to drive the jeep.
It ran perfectly. At some point, it decided to clear back up. It ran like nothing was ever wrong.

However I know it is still not right, it is just intermittent. I wiggle wires and the harness everywhere I could and it just ran normally.

Rain dang near every weekend since has prevented any further work. And now, my actual job has started picking up and I have working 7-5 during the week, and 7-12 on saturday.

However after work today, it was sunny and somewhat bearable temperature (mid to high 50's).
I brought home a headlight wiring harness from a lawn mower. It has two single filament light bulbs the same as what is used in a lot of older vehicles for brand or signal lights (1156 bulbs).

I still think the issue is ignition related. So I disconnect the ecu, disconnect the distributor connector, then using a paper clip in the ecu connector, I use a jumper wire and ground each of the 4 wires one at a time.
I then connect the other end to the mower headlight harness and then connect that to the battery.
This put the load of two of those lightbulbs on the wires. I tested each of the 4 ignition wires, one at a time.
Both bulbs were very bright with no dimming and all wires were the same brightness. While I do not know the exact amount of amp draw that was putting on the wires, I would have thought if there was a issue, that would have been enough of a load to bring it to light (no pun intended).

I put it all back together and crank it up. It fired off fine and kinda sounds like it was doing the missfire thing, but I did not rev it up. I just let it set and idle while I put up the tools and wires.
After running for about 5 min, I take it for a drive and it is running perfectly fine. I drive it up the road and back a couple miles with no issues.

So now it seems like it is going to do it intermittently, which makes it even more fun to find.