Ok, so I ended up ordering the pickup coil and ignition coil for the camaro. I got the standard motor products pickup coil, and a ngk ignition coil.

The pickup and coil shipped separately, so I got the ignition coil first and swapped it out, but did not bother trying to start it. The pickup coil came a few days later and I managed to get it in yesterday. (I have a couple days off work).
Once I got the distributor reinstalled, I started it and it ran pretty crappy. I figured I did not have the distributor back in the exact same spot, even though I had marked it.
I ended up turning it a little while running and it smoothed out some. (had to retard it just a little). It was still running rich though.
Once it got up to operating temp, I shut it off, disconnected the bypass, crossed my fingers and tried it. Holy crap it started! I was finally able to set the base timing.
I reset the ecu and start it back up. It pretty much sounded normal. Seemed to throttle up and down ok. I drove it around my yard a couple laps with no issue, so I decided to go for a short trip 1/4 mile up the road to the intersection and back. It seemed to run normally, however it was still running rich. Generally around 12.5 on the wideband, but sometimes going as low as 11.5 and sometimes as high as 13.5. But it generally stated between 12.5-13.5
I think, maybe it just needs run and to "blow the soot out of it".
I drive it a couple miles away and back a couple times and got on it a few times. AFR never changed from the above.
It was lunch time by then, so I ate lunch at the house and hooked up tunerpro to it.
I start looking at the blm tables and everything is 128. I go for a short trip up the road and back, check the tables and everything is 128.
I was confused until my dumb-"you know what" looked at the main dash and saw the o2 sensor voltage was stuck at .450-something and was not moving or changing at all, and it showed it was in open loop.
No trouble codes were set though. I would have thought it would have set a code if it saw it was not reacting.

I checked the sensor and the plug and they looked fine. I am thinking maybe the o2 sensor has took a crap.
It is raining now so I can not check the wires and make sure power/ground are ok (it is a 3 wire sensor). But I think I am going to go ahead and order a new sensor.

The sensor is the 3 wire sensor listed for the 92-94 chevy C1500 5.7.
I have choices of NTK, delphi, denso, and a couple other off brands.
I have generally had good luck with ntk o2 sensors, and poor service life from bosch sensors. Any reason to pick a delphi or denso over the ntk?