Thread: 5.3 lm7 12212156 manual tune file

Carb and Points!

5.3 lm7 12212156 manual tune file

has anyone used the manual tune file for an 02 silverado lm7 with any success? I tried flashing it on to my pcm and it appears that abuse mode is active and limiting rpms to 1600 even though the enable box is unchecked in the tune file.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by camdog5188 View Post
    has anyone used the manual tune file for an 02 silverado lm7 with any success? I tried flashing it on to my pcm and it appears that abuse mode is active and limiting rpms to 1600 even though the enable box is unchecked in the tune file.
    that tune will not work. I dont know what is wrong with it exactly but i have had exactly the same experience with that tune, or any time i try to segment swap a 5.3 with manual

instead, take a 5.3 auto trans tune and do the following:
    -disable all transmission diagnostics
    -disable all torque management (abuse/brake and shift)
    -copy the idle speeds over from like a 2002 corvette manual tune (should be 800 rpm hot)
    -i also raise base airflow by 10% across the board, but this may not be necessary

I have had success with modifying the attached manual .bin file into a custom 5.3 manual .bin file.

I use TunerCats to copy / paste 5.3 parameters, not segment swaps, into the manual flash.

One of the challenges I've noticed with a custom manual 5.3 flash is the Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (DFCO) parameters. Automatic transmission vs. manual transmission requires very different DFCO parameters.

I often leverage a stock flash that is as close as possible to the custom flash I'm working on and change the essential parameters (fuel tables, spark tables, and MAF tables).

I've also noticed using a VSS is a very good thing with a custom manual flash too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    What would you recommend changed for DFCO settings? I was planning on disabling the DFCO is that the right plan for a manual? also i am running a muncie 4 speed that does not have a provision for a vss what challenges will i face running without a vss?

Quote Originally Posted by camdog5188 View Post
    What would you recommend changed for DFCO settings? I was planning on disabling the DFCO is that the right plan for a manual? also i am running a muncie 4 speed that does not have a provision for a vss what challenges will i face running without a vss?
    I was surprised how well the 4.8 manual .bin worked with only changing the displacement from 4.8 to 5.3. Trying to configure a 5.3 auto .bin into a 5.3 manual .bin is challenging.

Digital Dakota offers a very affordable 8K VSS that can be used with re-calculated drive shaft per revolution parameters. Instead of 40 drive shaft pulses per revolution, something like 2.xxx pulses per drive shaft revolution can be figured out to equal 8K pulses per mile.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Digital Dakota offers a very affordable 8K VSS that can be used with re-calculated drive shaft per revolution parameters. Instead of 40 drive shaft pulses per revolution, something like 2.xxx pulses per drive shaft revolution can be figured out to equal 8K pulses per mile.
    https://www.dakotadigital.com/index....rod/prd109.htm

The SEN-01-4160 - 8K pass-through pulse generator with adaptor cable for GM transmissions with cable drive speed output is an affordable VSS option.

Perhaps the picture below helps with programming an '0411 for an 8K VSS
    8K VSS.JPG

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I have had success with modifying the attached manual .bin file into a custom 5.3 manual .bin file.

I use TunerCats to copy / paste 5.3 parameters, not segment swaps, into the manual flash.

One of the challenges I've noticed with a custom manual 5.3 flash is the Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (DFCO) parameters. Automatic transmission vs. manual transmission requires very different DFCO parameters.

I often leverage a stock flash that is as close as possible to the custom flash I'm working on and change the essential parameters (fuel tables, spark tables, and MAF tables).

I've also noticed using a VSS is a very good thing with a custom manual flash too.
    I have a jet boat with a 2002 5.3L LM7. Since I have no transmission would this bin work with my application to remove the transmission settings? I am currently using a stock 5.3L/4L60 bin.

Quote Originally Posted by soffenbecher View Post
    I have a jet boat with a 2002 5.3L LM7. Since I have no transmission would this bin work with my application to remove the transmission settings? I am currently using a stock 5.3L/4L60 bin.
    I don't have enough "marine" experience to provide an accurate answer.