Thread: Hello!

Carb and Points!

Hello!

I'm mostly here to look for info and data files without posting at first, as I do not expect anyone to be interested in helping with my current project (manually copying fuel segment 12577990 out of OS 12579405 into OS 12593058 because I take sunk cost fallacy as an art form) but I look forward to contributing more positively than that in the future. I may try and get some good XDFs for 12579405 built for example as it looks like a lot of people want them and no one has done it yet as there are 2-3 existing OSes with better support, and I've been interested in hacking additional features into these ECUs for a long time as well as better documenting the factory bus comms protocols, etc. I'm learning ghidra and 68k assembly as I work on this but already know roughly half a dozen assembly languages and architectures so shouldn't really need help on that.

Is there somewhere specific I should look for a documented memory map of where flash lives (guessing 0x0 based on the vector table at the base of my OS image), RAM, ADCs, digital I/O, stepper driver, UARTs, etc? I'm guessing I can find that in other reverse engineers documentation of other OSes, but wasn't sure if a wiki or GitHub page might exist on it already.

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    If it exists, I would love to have copies of that too. To me, it isn't just copying the lookup tables...the OS will have specific addresses, jumps, ret, eret etc etc. That's where it can get really hard or the stack gets corrupted. Then there is more than one stack too, uggh.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    It looks like the SSP is loaded from the first 4 bytes of the EEPROM at reset, and that should probably point to near the top of RAM if it increments downward like Intel, but I'm still learning here. The PC gets loaded from bytes 4-7 and that'll point to the reset handler that should set up the other stack pointer and hopefully some base registers but I was too focused on naming the other exception handlers and trying to find where each segment started to dig into the reset handler last night.

Carb and Points!
    Bumping this to ask if someone could check if "chrisgt" is stuck in the spambot filter - he's got his L18 w/ 512k 2001 0411 ECU running and already tweaked the rev limiter in the TAC (why is it there?) with universal swapper + pcmhammer, but wants to join the forum now

Administrator
    Bumping this to ask if someone could check if "chrisgt" is stuck in the spambot filter
    It looks like chrisgt is awaiting manual approval, which unfortunately is not likely to happen within an hour of signing up. But I am happy to approve it while I approve other new accounts. :)

Carb and Points!
    Thanks! Sorry, I thought it had been a lot longer than that.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    It looks like chrisgt is awaiting manual approval, which unfortunately is not likely to happen within an hour of signing up. But I am happy to approve it while I approve other new accounts. :)
    Sorry for putting egg on kastein's face and making myself look like i've got my head where the sun don't shine (which clearly in this case I do), didn't mean to try and rush the process -- got myself confused with another forum.
    As penance take a look at how much better the 8.1 fills out the engine bay than a 350:

Administrator
    Sorry for putting egg on kastein's face and making myself look like i've got my head where the sun don't shine
    Welcome to the forum. No worries... most forums have an automated registration process so things happen much faster.

That engine does look goon stuffed in there. It's going to be a fun truck.

Administrator
    Thanks! Sorry, I thought it had been a lot longer than that.
    No worries. You're just trying to help. It's all good.