Thread: apu1 vs dynamic efi?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Yeah that's the route I'm going, WB02 fed in to the 7427 and an Autoprom. I'm fully expect mine to be a one and done though, that's why the ELB looked enticing. As it is I'm thinking about using my APU1 to get a baseline that will allow me to drive somewhere and have them do the full tune. I don't know if the dozens (realistically hundreds) of hours of learning will be worth one tune, unless I just get really into it for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Yeah that's the route I'm going, WB02 fed in to the 7427 and an Autoprom. I'm fully expect mine to be a one and done though, that's why the ELB looked enticing. As it is I'm thinking about using my APU1 to get a baseline that will allow me to drive somewhere and have them do the full tune. I don't know if the dozens (realistically hundreds) of hours of learning will be worth one tune, unless I just get really into it for whatever reason.
    The AUTOPROM also has 3 analog inputs that can be used for injecting the WBO2 data (and other sensors) into the datastream. Eaglemark made a write up on hw to do this.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Many years ago, I started out thinking one and done with a ‘7427 and Ostrich 2.

Fast forward to now, I would only use the ‘7427 if I needed E-Trans control (4L60E / 4L80E), otherwise I would use Dynamic EFI.