Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
Sounds like a fun build. I want to put a late 90s to early 2000s 4100 MPFI into an older 30s GM truck myself and turbo it. That was a factory port injected 250 I6 using a TPI like manifold with a MAF based ECM, with an OEM split exhaust manifold and factory serpentine belt system. I drove one in a 1999 Tahoe with the factory 5spd and it was a strong runner in the heavy 4 door Tahoe.
yeah I wish the 250 stuff was compatible with this engine honestly but alas, nothing interchanges. I am going to see about the toyota 1F and 2F head though. I already have the HEI distributor for this engine and its actually an HEI for a 1F engine lol. lots of stovebolters use it. my friend has a 2F head sitting in his garage that I'm going to borrow along with the head gasket and match it all up to my spare 235 head just for giggles. I know I would have to modify the oil feed to the rocker assemblies but that doesnt bother me. I just want to see how well it matches up to the block and all. it would be nice to have a better flowing head on this old girl.

but first priority is getting the HEI on, and then getting the TBI on so the ignition and fueling is all modern and working. then I'll play around with stupid stuff.