hey all happy new year!

man it has been a lot of years since i decided 'i want to tune ecms'. 2024 will be a really interesting year as we both move into the future, and us gearheads happily linger in the past with our fossil burning antique reciprocating piston engines, with incredible computerized control systems attached.

in 2024, my resolution is i am going to try to start a small business for tuning.

i've found that after decades of doing it, i have developed an instinct with engines and how tables should look, and i want to start making some money from it, although i have a lot to learn about the newer stuff, i feel like my common sense will let me tune anything. when i look back, every tuning project i've approached has been a success.

i set aside a few thousand bucks to buy some gear, commercial software and widebands etc, and i figure if i hand out a lot of business cards and approach people with cool looking cars, i can earn it back pretty quickly

first on the investment list was hptuners, so no matter what the vehicle, i can say 'yes i can tune this but it will cost x dollars'. the licensing costs are definitely a bit insane but their coverage is incredible... they even have my old jeep on their supported vehicles list, and after 4 logs and reflashes, it's been completely transformed.

there is no dyno in my town but i figure once i get some customers, i can approach a local auto shop and offer to go 50/50 on one. in a hot rodder town like this i'm sure people will be lined up for dyno pulls. maybe that'll be a 2025 thing.

what are your your tuning or vehicle project new years resolutions?