Thread: '411 Transients

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    WIth universal patcher you can tune, datalog and analyze logged data, and much more.

You need to poke around a bit to get what it does and where it is located.

For simple tuning, get a ls1 bin and open it from file->open bin
    Change mode->file->mode->advanced to get more features available.

in utilities tab there is more tools that will open in new windows.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks. I'll look into it. I have a pretty good tune currently, it's evolved a pretty long ways from the basic generic gen-IV file but I need to get those pesky transients under control. Not bad when it's warm but when cold gear changes take a delicate touch.

Jim
    '71 MGB w/ 340 Buick/Eaton/'411 P01

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry to take so long getting back to this, my hard drive crashed and I had to basically start over and it's taken me awhile to find this thread. Present status is that I do have the OBDXPRO in hand, I have PCMHammer v21 installed and it does recognize the obdxpro. I have the Universal Patcher (downloaded yesterday) also installed but I remember seeing something about loading a file before using it, I'm looking for that reference.

I still haven't managed to download the bin file using PCMHammer. There might be a power issue of some sort, if I connect to my simulator with the battery charger on it interferes with my touch pad and makes cursor movement almost impossibly erratic due to latency. But on the battery only it seems to behave more normally. However I haven't gotten it to properly connect to the ECM yet either on the simulator or the car. Bound to be something I'm doing wrong but I haven't run across the detailed sequence of user inputs for doing that download so at this point I am mostly guessing and trying to remember how it's supposed to be done. I suppose at some point I will figure it out again and say, "Well of course.." but I'm not there yet.

So that's the update, in case anyone was interested.

Jim

Fuel Injected!
    Hooking a charger is real bad ides, regulated filtered power supply is much better.
    You need to select device as serial with comport.

Fuel Injected!
    When I open PCH with the OBDX plugged in it tells me it found the OBDX on com3, serial port is selected, and it says the device is initialized and ready. However, Test doesn't work, access to com3 denied. Then it says it found ATZ but failed to switch to DVI protocol or reset DVI or initiate the OBDX. It's been a couple years since I did this and I can't remember what I'm doing wrong.

Jim

Fuel Injected!
    Which obdx device do you have.

You can try to get latest drivers from their website, and upgrade firmware if there is any.

ANother test will be to get it working with universal patcher logger.
    utiliies->logger->settings tab->select device->connect

Fuel Injected!
    The OBDXPro GT.
    About the battery charger, I have a 12v battery in the simulator. I switch on the battery charger to charge it up. I can switch on either or both so it's easy to run on just the battery and charge it afterwards. I expected the battery to be a reasonably effective filter but apparently not.

I just downloaded and installed the software from the OBDXProGT page, seemed odd that there were about 4 or so install cycles but I went through the complete process. Tried to connect with both PCH and Universal Patcher, on com3 with a usb cable and then on com4 and com5 with bluetooth. No joy. PCH did say it found ATZ then failed to switch to DVI. UP just gave me a connection failed.

Jim