Thread: TBI 350 Target Idle Speed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

TBI 350 Target Idle Speed

Hi guys, im in desperate need of help with my 93 silverado that has a 5.7L TBI motor, I have a high idle issue ive been chasing for a couple weeks now. I have done a full rebuild on the TB along with new injectors, new intake to TB gasket, New coolant temp sensor (scanner verified that its reading correctly) New idle air control value (yes i went through the calibration process) Adjusted TPS sensor to .59V. timing is set at 0 and there are no vacuum leaks but the truck still idles at 1k. So i decided to purchase an OBD1 scanner that shows live data i hooked up the scanner and i can see that the idle req is set at 1000 rpm so im starting to think that my computer is demanding a 1000 rpm idle and no mater what i do once its fully warmed up it idles at 1000 rpm in neutral (i have a 5 speed). So with all that being said i did research and found the BIN and XDF files for my truck and downloaded them and im able to view everything in tunerpro RT. My question to you guys is what perimeters does the computer use to determine idle speed? is it possible for the idle command to be set at 1k in the reman computer? my BCC code is AZDR which is the correct one for my truck and i opened up my computer to verify that is has the correct chip and it does. the previous owner had the computer changed with a reman one but i dont think that matters as the chip inside is still an AZDR. when i view the target idle rpm vs coolant temp in tunerpro for the AZDR bin and $9A XDF file i downloaded i see that when the coolant temp is 195 my idle should be between 650-700 but its not so thats why i want to know what perimeters are used to determine idle speed because obviously its not just the coolant temp.
    Attached Images Attached Images