Thread: TBI 350 Target Idle Speed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maronielb View Post
    Ralmo94, when i order my new prom chip should i send him the bin file for my truck or send him the bin file for a 95 silverado with a 5.7 and 5speed? The computers are the same as far as the 7747 goes so would the newer bin file help out at all in terms of running better/showing for info on my scanner? If not I’ll just stick with my factory BIN which is AZDR
    As far as I know, your ECU will read any prom with the same mask, I had been told previously that the releases of new BCC codes were incremental meaning Ab superspeeds AA. But I have also been told that sertian releases were to cure specific tsb's.

I would run the latest release bin for your mask that is correct for your combination, 350 with a manual.
    Another member on here has better understanding of the different releases, if. I remember correctly it's @oneprojecttoomany

You might also send a pm to cottonpicker, he doesn't reply to threads, but he may be able to help you
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, i was looking at getting the BIN for BDUY burned since it’s the newest BIN with the same mask as mine that i was able to find on this website, i wanted the BIN for a 95 but it wasn’t available for download in the bin file section

Quote Originally Posted by maronielb View Post
    Cool, i was looking at getting the BIN for BDUY burned since it’s the newest BIN with the same mask as mine that i was able to find on this website, i wanted the BIN for a 95 but it wasn’t available for download in the bin file section
    As far as I can tell it's for a 350 manual trans and the right mask, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Fuel Injected!
    i made the purchase, i should have my new prom chip by next weekend, fingeres crossed this fixes my issues.

Any updates?

Fuel Injected!
    Hi i received the new prom chip on Monday but i have not had time to install it yet. Wheather been shitty, i will probably install it this Saturday. One thing i was thinking about the other day is if i do the IAC reset but leave the IAC unplugged then the truck shouid idle at the base idle speed correct? With the IAC unplugged the computer won’t be able to get the idle up to 1k. This will also be a dead give away to is there is a vacuum leak present. With IAC fully extended out and left unplugged the truck would idle at the base idle that was set at the factory since the cap has never been removed on this TBI. Should i try this before i switch the prom chip? Or am i just running in circles

With the IAC closed and unplugged, yes it should run at where ever the butterfly stop is set, but that still wouldn't tell you why the ECU is requesting 1k idle speed. It may be a worthwhile test to see if it will idle slow, but if it has a vacuum leak, butterfly open too far, it should still target around 550 to 650 rpm, after warm up.